JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just love all these people who try to get something for nothing. An internet appraisal is worth exactly what you pay for it. A person's time is worth money and if you take it to a supposed gunsmith they are going to low ball you hoping to buy it cheap. Let me ask you this, if you had a $20,000.00 piece of jewelery, would you go on the internet and ask for a free appraisal? And then actually accept that figure as gospel truth? If you do and I hate to put it bluntly, you sir are a fool. To get a ballpark figure on a less than $5,000.00 gun is kind of OK. But anything more I would want a professional appraisal and I don't mean a supposed gunsmith. Most of them nowadays don' know their a** from a hole in the ground unless it is a semi auto and then I question that. To get back to my jewelery analogy we had a ring that we paid $120.00 to have a professional appraisal which was over 3 pages in length. Due to this we sold the ring for $15,000 more than what we thought we could get for it without an appraisal. You have to spend money to make money.

Around 15 years ago, I took my Winchester Model 55 takedown 30-30 to the Gun Room for an insurance appraisal, as I didn't know where else to take it.

He valued it at $600, then, I still have the appraisal slip.

It is a family heirloom but someday I'd like to sell it.
I posted it once and someone said "oh goodness, it has a scratch, worn bluing and a minor crack in the stock"

My family used it as a hunting rifle, in the '50's and early 60's, of course it has wear on, it was a brush gun.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top