JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just love all these people who try to get something for nothing. An internet appraisal is worth exactly what you pay for it. A person's time is worth money and if you take it to a supposed gunsmith they are going to low ball you hoping to buy it cheap. Let me ask you this, if you had a $20,000.00 piece of jewelery, would you go on the internet and ask for a free appraisal? And then actually accept that figure as gospel truth? If you do and I hate to put it bluntly, you sir are a fool. To get a ballpark figure on a less than $5,000.00 gun is kind of OK. But anything more I would want a professional appraisal and I don't mean a supposed gunsmith. Most of them nowadays don' know their a** from a hole in the ground unless it is a semi auto and then I question that. To get back to my jewelery analogy we had a ring that we paid $120.00 to have a professional appraisal which was over 3 pages in length. Due to this we sold the ring for $15,000 more than what we thought we could get for it without an appraisal. You have to spend money to make money.

Around 15 years ago, I took my Winchester Model 55 takedown 30-30 to the Gun Room for an insurance appraisal, as I didn't know where else to take it.

He valued it at $600, then, I still have the appraisal slip.

It is a family heirloom but someday I'd like to sell it.
I posted it once and someone said "oh goodness, it has a scratch, worn bluing and a minor crack in the stock"

My family used it as a hunting rifle, in the '50's and early 60's, of course it has wear on, it was a brush gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top