JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've seen discussions about the future collect-ability of the GSG's. Am I the only one that thinks they are more likely to just become an "orphan" gun? I mean $500 is pretty expensive for a .22lr plinker to start with, can anyone see the value going to $900 or more like I've seen predicted on other sites? I've actually seen a DEALER asking $2000 for them, I suspect he is trying to cash in on the hysteria.

I can't attest to the collectability, but I bought it before all that anyway. I paid 500.00 for the cool factor and because they are a solid well built and very reliable gun, plus I can run high cap mags and adapt it to my silencer. the plan was to pay the 200.00 and make it a short barrel rifle, and ad a stock. I can say it eats up every type of ammo that I've run through it. the reason I didn't finish it is I bought a dedicated .22lr upper for an extra ar15 lower I had laying around and it fufilled my .22lr needs. the other cool thing about the gsg is all the aftermarket stuff available and that most hk externals will fit. Hope this helps with your choice.

Way back when, I thought nobody would ever pay $225 for a new Colt Diamondback as that was way too much money for a 22 lr LOL LOL

jj

I can't attest to the collectability, but I bought it before all that anyway. I paid 500.00 for the cool factor and because they are a solid well built and very reliable gun, plus I can run high cap mags and adapt it to my silencer. the plan was to pay the 200.00 and make it a short barrel rifle, and ad a stock. I can say it eats up every type of ammo that I've run through it. the reason I didn't finish it is I bought a dedicated .22lr upper for an extra ar15 lower I had laying around and it fufilled my .22lr needs. the other cool thing about the gsg is all the aftermarket stuff available and that most hk externals will fit. Hope this helps with your choice.

Can you put a suppressor on the carbine (without major mods)? Good point about the AR upper. I am waiting for my SBR tax stamp to come back on my AR. I can't help but think a SBR AR .22lr would be way cooler than a GSG.

Not an expert, but from what I gather to put a sup. on the carbine you just need an adapter the problem in my mind is that you would be adding the length of the sup. to the 16 inch long carbine barrel ending up with a 20'' long barrel on what started out to be a nice little cqb weapon. thats why I went with the pistol, and planned to stock it.
Kyle

Can you put a suppressor on the carbine (without major mods)? Good point about the AR upper. I am waiting for my SBR tax stamp to come back on my AR. I can't help but think a SBR AR .22lr would be way cooler than a GSG.

I wouldn't call it a collectible, but holy cow depending on where you go the prices are climbing for the little buggers. I can find the SD models now for $500, but I was at the Monroe WAC show yesterday and someone (DGS) was selling one for $730!!!

(gouge, gouge)

Maybe since HK went through all the effort of suing maybe that would suggest they will make one and if they did and in the $500 range expect the GSG to worth about a couple hundred dollars but its doubtful they are to PC with our goverment otherwise they would have never stopped the production of HK94s which originally retailed for $899 with a retractable stock could you imagine if they brought that back

so i don't think HK is going to start producing any .22 mp5 type rifles other wise they would be still be producing hk94s

i think they did it cause they could

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads