Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

gsg 522

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ohsocountry1, May 28, 2011.

1. ohsocountry1

ohsocountry1 clackamas oregon Member

Hey i was wondering i have a gsg 522 and the mag that came with it never fails but the one i bought from the gun zone fails often I was wondering who else has this problem and if you know if you can get factory one?

2. ohsocountry1

Also does it matter if the gun says 22 lr hv if i just buy 22 lr ammo. The gun itself isnt failing just the mag to load the gun properly.

3. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

You can get factory mags on Gunbroker.com all the time. The HV stands for high velocity which is what you are supposed to shoot in that gun. CCI mini mags tend to work great in those guns. Don't use cheap ammo as it will tend to not feed properly from time to time.

4. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

the federal bulk ammo runs very well in that gun. CCI mini mag is pricey compared to the federal.

5. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

Yep, forgot about federal. Never had a problem with that either.

6. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

Ive ran several kinds of ammo with not really a problem. I will say though, don't use remington ammo! That ammo will blow out your barrel! I've seen it plenty of times. As long as you stay away from that then your good to go.

As far as the mag, I had a promag that wouldn't feed correctly. I had to take the mag apart and lightly sand down the high spots. After that it worked fine. Although, I still don't buy anything that says promag on it.

7. ohsocountry1

Awesome everyone thank you for your help