JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone else have light primer strike issues on their gsg 1911 22lr? I've taken the gun apart and cleaned everything and I have tried a couple types of ammo but I can't even get through one magazine without light primer strikes.

I had nothing but problems with my gsg 1911-22. Really unreliable. Even had the hiring pin explode
I ended up replacing all the internals with real composition 1911 parts. Polished or lapped everything. Runs like a dream. Just waiting for the slide to crack :confused:

The version we have over hear has light alloy slide that doesn't crack, unlike the original design. A couple in our club have had the new-format slide unit installed FOC by the importers. As the whole unit is made in Germany and therefore subjected to the CIP proof regs, it's just a matter of a one-for-one swap.

I bought the gun lightly used. I ran probably 150 rounds through it with no problem. Now all of a sudden i can't get it to shoot one mag without a light primer strike.

Got one of these pretenders in my own safe. Switched out everything on the insides that was supposed to make it function as expected. NOPE! Nothing worked for long. Really not impressed at all with this gsg .22. One good thing did come of it, however. Wife said, "I want a real 1911 now!!!" Bless her, she bought the Desert Eagle G and has not looked back. What the hey does one do with these when they cannot be made to work? Donate 'em to Goodwill? Trash 'em? Run over them with the lawn tractor? :confused:

Interesting. Have you all tried premium Ammo? I heard they were finicky on how you load the mags. I was looking to give one a try. M

Maldonado curious to know what parts you were able to swap.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top