JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got a sale flyer from CDNN with a whole bunch of Tacticool 22's, which got me to searching for online reviews and youtube videos. The GSG 522 seemed to have a lot of fans.
I paid $269 for the version with the fake suppressor and the collapsible stock.
For $20 I got the kit that restores all the bits they had to change after the HK lawsuit.
Mags are $17 each so I got 3 extras.
When it arrive on Wednesday I ran down to the range and blew 100 rds of 22 and had a big grin on my face for hours after.
Such a fun gun!
I slapped a cheap tactical scope on it that I had gotten off of Amazon for $60 and had tossed it on a shelf after trying it at 100 yds.
While the scope sucked on my Keltec SU-16, it works perfectly on my GSG 522.
I grabbed an aftermarket forend grip that adds rails for lights and lasers from a guy on ebay for $20, and HKparts.com sells real HK takedown pins that work fine on the GSG.
After the first trip to the range I grabbed 6 more mags.
BTW the 22 rd mags hold 24 rds.
I have tried 10 different brands of 22 LR in this and it eats all of them.
I was shooting it today (Sunday) at Champion at 25 yds and with the scope was getting consistent 1" - 1.5", 25 shot groups. I can get the same size groups at 10 yds shooting from the hip with the laser.
This is the most fun I have had with a 22 in 30 years.
I have never wanted access to a quarry and a bag of tin cans so much.
I was thinking about getting the GSG STG-44 or the MP-40, but the reviews point out that they are all steel and damn heavy.
At 9.5 lbs. the STG-44 copy in 22LR ways 1 pound less than a real STG-44.
They both look good, but I don't think they would be as fun to shoot.
I see that the GSG 522 is very easy to SBR by buying the pistol barrel, but I have trouble with spending $200 for a tax stamp for a $270 gun.

I had one of those and decided to trade it off for some reason.My friend at the store bought it and took it home to shoot starlings , yes accurate enough to shoot them pesky little turds
At least that was his claim:rolleyes:

Those are fun. The SD version looks the best IMO but they sure left something to be desired on the 3/8" barrel diameter.

I was lucky years ago when I had mine to find the collapsible stock. Added to the cool factor.

I agree ... It's a fun shooter. Here's mine with the pre-lawsuit kit installed, along with real HK MP-5 buttstock/pushpins, real HK rear sight, aftermarket HK clone top rail mount, and Burris reddot.

Thirtycal

left_side_with_real_HK_stuff_zpsc9d2d03d.jpg

I miss my HK mp5. Liked it enough to draw it in pencil and charcoal. Forgive my P.O.C. scanner please. Really liked the sliding stock, but I gave it to my daughter a couple of years ago...but life goes on.(still get to shoot it once in a while though)
upload_2016-3-14_16-1-15.png

Last Edited:
If you think the 522 is fun with stick mags just wait until you buy TWO of those damn 104 round drums. Take 10 minutes to load, ten seconds to empty.

Say goodbye to your 22LR stash...(great opportunity to burn up all those old CCI Blazers!)
Say hello to sore face from smiling too much...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top