JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This was a busy weekend for me ribs on Saturday and brisket on sunday
IMG_20180630_145940271.jpg IMG_20180630_181209006.jpg IMG_20180701_133848163.jpg IMG_20180701_185153646_HDR.jpg

Er....um.....pardon me Mr. Bisley.
Crust is on pies.
That my good man is called bark.

I have a C&C rub that is great bark enhancer for beef.
Made from finely ground espresso coffee and baker's cocoa powder.
I'll post it up when I get a chance.
(and no, you don't taste the coffee or cocoa)

Thanks for the lesson...always thought bark and crust are the same. Your C&C rub sounds great and guessing that it would be good on pork too. If you post it, I'll try it out on my pork loin on Wednesday.

Worcester sauce
Soy sauce
Table salt
Canning/pickling salt
Fine ground pepper
Coarse ground pepper
Whole peppercorns
Garlic powder
Minced garlic
Garlic salt with parsley flakes

Combine the above to make a wet paste. Apply liberally. Preheat oven to 475 F. Cook roast for 20 minutes, decrease temp to 325 F until thermometer hits 120 F. Remove, tent with foil, let sit for 20 minutes, slice and serve.

P

Very, very nice !
Nice bark (looks like you did Memphis style ?)
Got the smokering and the nice pullback.

I use Malcolm Reed's guidance, also on a Weber (22.5" OTG)
Nice thing about Memphis is you can sauce some towards the end of the cook for any sauce lovers in the crowd. Best of both worlds AND NO WRAPPING REQUIRED !
Memphis Style Dry Ribs

Thanks for the compliments.

I used a Memphis rub but did wrap them 2 hours in. And just a thin layer of sweet sauce went really well with the rub.

Just rubbed down my meat!! (<—— Golden oppurtunity)

I've got a nice hunk of pork loin roast hanging out in the fridge with a very liberal dose of a homemade dry rub of brown sugar, black pepper, kosher salt, lots of garlic powder, chili powder, chipotle powder, ground ginger, ground mustard seed, oregano, smoked paprika, ground cumin, cayenne powder and crushed red pepper flakes. Hoping that will make a nice "bark" (I'm learning).

Will post some during and after pics tomorrow. Happy 4th y'all!

Just rubbed down my meat!! (<—— Golden oppurtunity)

I've got a nice hunk of pork loin roast hanging out in the fridge with a very liberal dose of a homemade dry rub of brown sugar, black pepper, kosher salt, lots of garlic powder, chili powder, chipotle powder, ground ginger, ground mustard seed, oregano, smoked paprika, ground cumin, cayenne powder and crushed red pepper flakes. Hoping that will make a nice "bark" (I'm learning).

Will post some during and after pics tomorrow. Happy 4th y'all!
Q @Stomper

Last Edited:
Was reading thru this today and like Mr.B i found myself getting hungry. Came home and made up some smoked/grilled chicken breast and shrimp! :)

View attachment 474740
Yeh man I buy those big shrimp. Lol big shrimp .
But anyway I do it just like that .
I season them a little just kinda brine that the soak in for a while put them on the stick and on the grill .I did some last week they where great

I'm still playing with spices for the shrimp. Those were seasoned with Old Bay. They were good but seemed to be missing something. would not mind at all hearing what you (EPS and everyone else) use!

I'm still playing with spices for the shrimp. Those were seasoned with Old Bay. They were good but seemed to be missing something. would not mind at all hearing what you (EPS and everyone else) use!
I use old Bay and Johnny's seanon salt water olive oil and .but I been trying different stuff

14# pork shoulder going on tomorrow at 6a. I prefer other items but the family loves pulled pork.
I enjoy cooking them... there's no real way to mess them up :)

I like the old Bay for seafood and chicken .but like I said I been mixing it up with other stuff.lol this will never end

I like the old Bay for seafood and chicken .but like I said I been mixing it up with other stuff.lol this will never end
That's a fun thing about BBQ.
Homemade rubs, sauces.....no end to it, although you'll have your Hall-of-Famers* in your back pocket when needed.

Hall-of-Famers*
At least that's what people say.
They could be lyin' though.

:D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class