JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You just can't fix stupid ! Having said this , I always feel a little uncomfortable judging anothers actions without having been there or having been involved . With the limited info available , it certainly looks like a guy who let his ego take over his brain . Too bad all ccw will be judged by the lowest common denominator . Think before you act , leave the red cape in the underwear drawer , and let the police do the policing .

Yep. Dumb ars. Good luck with this, but I bet he looses his battle trying to convince people that he was in the right.
Dave

I think that he has already lost his battle. As the report shows - he admitted that he did not think his life nor anyone's life was in danger. Whatever defense he has - won't get him around that.

Nothing worse than idiots with guns to help our cause!

NO TRAINING? . . . . . LEAVE YOUR #"@*<! GUN AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bash:

Using the word "stupid" is being polite to the guy.

Some people seem to think their CHL bestows some special law enforcement authority or responsibility to protect the general public upon them. I recall a rather heated thread on that subject a few months ago where we, as a group, couldn't quite agree on the subject.

Some people also seem to have a difficult time controlling their emotions under real or imagined stress. That is not a good time to have your weapon out of the holster.

I'm not sure where this guy fits into all this, but shooting when there is no immediate threat to anyone will get you what he got... arrested. It will be interesting to see how much of his action gets spread onto CHL holders by the press. Just one more reason for the anti's to yell about being afraid of us.

You just can't fix stupid ! Having said this , I always feel a little uncomfortable judging anothers actions without having been there or having been involved . . . . .

I'm with you on the judgment front . . . . but there is no question with this one. Even if he shot them in the back running to their car - HE'S COOKED!

He's been watching too many movies:nuts:

This guy was stupid. I don't feel the slightest bit of empathy toward him. If anything I hope they convict him as he makes CHL holders with a realistic sense of what a CHL is about look bad.

The way our legal system works, unless they try to make a very public example (probably a good possibility), they will probably plea off the felony reckless use of a firearm and hit him with reckless endangerment. Guy exercised some very poor judgement, regardless of what happens to him.

People need to realize that their actions around firearms reflect on the whole community, whether that is their intention or not. Illegal actions like this (assuming the facts reported are true), posting videos of doing stupid crap on YouTube, other things like that. Just because you have the right to do something, stop and think if its going to hurt us. Do you really want to give ammunition to the anti's?

This is the reason why there should be mandatory training to carry a gun, to include marksmanship, tactical training and the laws. It's not right that some one who wants a CCW can just go buy a gun and take a 4hr class and be able to carry a loaded gun with out any type of "Real Training" and showing proficiency on what you were taught, testing and qualifying.
And don't get me wrong, I am 100% pro gun. And I am a NRA Instructor and one of those instructors that teaches the 4hr class that allows you to get a CCW. To date I have only trained people that have some type of gun history or are going to further there firearm education and practicing before carrying a gun.

But this situation is a prime example of my reasoning for the "real training". This guy had no right to even pull his weapon let alone fire it.
The majority of people that have no "real training" or at least have been raised around guns and have shot a lot, will either freeze in a situation or do something stupid like this guy did or die from there own gun.

I am sure my comments will torque some people, not my intent, just my 2 cents.

Stupidity should be painful!

This is the reason why there should be mandatory training to carry a gun, to include marksmanship, tactical training and the laws.

But HIS stupidity should not cause PAIN for the rest of us ... in the form of mandatory training.

I agree that his stupidity should cause him pain. But carrying a gun is a right not to be impeded with training requirements. Using the gun in a reckless manner is not a right, and should be punished.

This is the reason why there should be mandatory training to carry a gun, to include marksmanship, tactical training and the laws. It's not right that some one who wants a CCW can just go buy a gun and take a 4hr class and be able to carry a loaded gun with out any type of "Real Training" and showing proficiency on what you were taught, testing and qualifying.
And don't get me wrong, I am 100% pro gun. And I am a NRA Instructor and one of those instructors that teaches the 4hr class that allows you to get a CCW. To date I have only trained people that have some type of gun history or are going to further there firearm education and practicing before carrying a gun.

But this situation is a prime example of my reasoning for the "real training". This guy had no right to even pull his weapon let alone fire it.
The majority of people that have no "real training" or at least have been raised around guns and have shot a lot, will either freeze in a situation or do something stupid like this guy did or die from there own gun.

I am sure my comments will torque some people, not my intent, just my 2 cents.

I disagree with you a little here. I think training would be great for everyone. Some people however cannot afford the cost of classes to get the training. That would create a group of people unable to get a CHL due to their financial situation if we were to impliment a law requiring more training. Not good. I also don't care for any further government control over who can and can't carry a gun. Too much of that already. One of the major things I took away from my 4hr training for my CHL was that you DO NOT PULL YOUR GUN UNLESS YOU FEEL YOUR LIFE OR THE LIFE OF SOMEONE ELSE IS IN DANGER! I think four hours is plenty of time to pick that one up.

Again, I agree that training would be good for all. I just don't think that is what was missing here.

Training, Training, Training. As a Training Officer for a couple different Fire Departments over the years and a Fire Chief for the past six I am all about training people to enter life threatening situations with the skills and experience to make sound decisions under the most stressful circumstances. That said I have watched the best trained, most experience people fall to pieces in certain situations. My point being that even with all the training in the world some people will still choose to make really stupid decisions under stress.

This guy may or may have not had firearms training, but what was missing here was common sense. I don't care how much training you have, it is no substitute for common sense.

This guy may or may have not had firearms training, but what was missing here was common sense. I don't care how much training you have, it is no substitute for common sense.

“Common Sense Training” I can see it now, the State requiring you to have 40+ of hours “CST” prior to applying for a CHL.

common.jpg

Any job that requires the carry of a gun and the use of lethal force, also requires routine training, qualification and testing. To show there skill set and knowledge. The citizens should be required to do the same to some type of degree in order to carry a loaded handgun. You don't think this would help in our defense to carry?

I agree with claypigeon about the cost of some of these training course's. But if you want to carry a weapon you should also have the knowledge and skill set to do so. Not just what your buddy told you or you read out of a book or on the internet.

This would not "stop" all of the bad situations. But I cant see how it would make it worse. There are people that don't have the mindset to carry a gun, but still do. That is not right and will only make things worse in the long run.

I have heard of to many stupid comments and stupid questions and dumb a**es giving wrong information over the years, that some good training would "help" eliminate.

You will never eliminate all the situations and stupid actions, even the best trained people have there moments, but as a whole it would help.

Stupid moves like this one will give the anti gunners more ammunition and reasons to get rid of CHL's.

If this guy didn't have a CHL, it would be a totally different story. But he did have a CHL which put's a black eye on the people that have a CHL and carry daily and never create problems and more then likely you could count on when the sh** hits the fan.

I think there is a difference in owning guns and shooting guns verses carrying a concealed loaded handgun with the intent to protect yourself and have the potential to use deadly force.

Don't get me wrong I don't want more goverment BS. But if we don't do something to show that we are willing to do the right thing's. The anti gunners will take "ALL" of our rights away! Because of stupid actions like this guy did.

My 2 cents. :D

I am really torn on this. I don't think the guy should of drawn or fired at all. I think that he will be slapped with a minor charge and his CC privleges will be revoked and that is justified. However I truly do believe that the bottom feeders and degenerates have more rights than they should. While I am not saying killing people over the theft of cell phones is right, how many times would it have to happen before people....even the lowest scum would think twice. People will say that it is cruel to petty criminals but the fact of the matter is that for too long the punishment had to fit the crime. I say the punishment should far exceed the crime. Criminals are the way they are because the system is faaaaaar to lenient. That being said... he made a very poor decision in the use of force and if an innocent had been struck I would be irrate, if one of these thugs had been shot I probably wouldn't of cared...

I disagree with you a little here. I think training would be great for everyone. Some people however cannot afford the cost of classes to get the training. That would create a group of people unable to get a CHL due to their financial situation if we were to impliment a law requiring more training. Not good. I also don't care for any further government control over who can and can't carry a gun. Too much of that already. One of the major things I took away from my 4hr training for my CHL was that you DO NOT PULL YOUR GUN UNLESS YOU FEEL YOUR LIFE OR THE LIFE OF SOMEONE ELSE IS IN DANGER! I think four hours is plenty of time to pick that one up.

Again, I agree that training would be good for all. I just don't think that is what was missing here.

Agreed! That is the one basic thing that these quicky CCW classes teach when to shoot and when not too. Like someone said earlier, he must have slept through class.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top