JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm almost through a large case of Greek HXP and I've kept all the Enbloc clips. The Greek Ammo is accurate, but the Greek Enblocs are less than ideal. They are tight, difficult to load in the magazine, and jam about 50% of the time. Is there anything I can do with these clips to save and reuse them? Or should I just toss them and buy all new Enblocs? I don't have access to a tumbler.. but maybe there is something else I can do?

Many thanks in advance,

Clips produced outside of North America are substandard as to dimension, finish, and tension.

I stated the above, as Dominion Arsenal Quebec ( DAQ ) produced GI clips.

You are all speaking Greek to me.

Are these M1 Garand clips you are talking about?

Which I guess, begs the question, is the Garand the only non-obscure weapon to use enbloc clips?

Greek surplus ammo for the M1 is/was common so it's kind of assumed that is what was meant. The only other reasonably common rifles I can think of that use enblocs are the carcano and berthier and neither are extremely popular. So if someone mentions enbloc with no other context I just assume they are talking about a Garand.

Greek surplus ammo for the M1 is/was common so it's kind of assumed that is what was meant. The only other reasonably common rifles I can think of that use enblocs are the carcano and berthier and neither are extremely popular. So if someone mentions enbloc with no other context I just assume they are talking about a Garand.

I'm going to look both of those up.

Thanks Jordan, you've always been a great source of info on this stuff. I figured M1 but you know asssumemakesnassoutuandme.

The only other reasonably common rifles I can think of that use enblocs are the carcano and berthier and neither are extremely popular.

Also the straight pull Mannlicher 1895. Big 5 sold a lot of them several years ago.

DSC04886.jpg
DSC04883.jpg
1288247094.jpg

Last Edited:
Wow I had no idea...

En bloc

An en bloc clip of 8×56mmR is inserted into a Steyr M95 carbine.
Several rifle designs utilize an en bloc clip for loading. With this design, both cartridges and clip are inserted as a unit into a fixed magazine within the rifle, and the clip is usually ejected or falls from the rifle upon firing or chambering of the last round. The en bloc clip was invented by Ferdinand Mannlicher for use in his Model 1885 and Model 1888 rifle.

Other rifles utilizing en-bloc clips include the German Gewehr 88 (since 1905 replaced by stripper clips), the Mexican Mondragón, the French Berthier Mle 1890 and RSC Mle 1917, the Italian M1870/87 Vetterli-Vitali and M1891 Carcano, the various (Romanian, Dutch, Portuguese) turnbolt Mannlichers, the Austro-Hungarian straight-pull Steyr-Mannlicher M1895, the Hungarian FÉG 35M, and the US M1895 Lee Navy, M1 Garand and Pedersen T1E3. Original Austrian Mannlicher clips were often uni-directional, but already the Gewehr 88 and subsequently the M1891 Carcano used symmetrical clips. John Pedersen at first developed an irreversible clip[1] for his rifle, later he redesigned the clip to be reversible.[2] This design was also utilized for the competing designs by John Garand.[3]

Clip (firearms) - Wikipedia
Sorry for the crap reference

What's a trip is do recognize a few of those rifle including the Carcano (after I saw a picture of it) but did not know they were En-bloc clip fed rifles. Makes me think of what I've forgotten and what I've never known. That's what I like about guns.

Last Edited:
I don't actually know of the particulars of which you speak. Then, different clip mfns have different track records.

I have on occasion used a wire brush (alittle bigger than a toothbrush) and with some light oil scrubbed the surface of the offending clips. Sometimes, it's about the parkerizing being a bit over thick or rough.

BTW.....I have found DAQ clips to work fine in my rifles. But that's me.

Perhaps, it might also have to do with your particular rifle's parts fitting? YES, when they left the factory they had to pass the Govt's inspection. But, many years have passed and parts may have been changed since then.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads