JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There is an almost infinite amount of music out there and I listen to just about any genre: Classical, jazz, blues, all branches of rock, all branches of country/western, pop, disco, even occasional opera. I pretty much draw the line at gangsta rap and any music that is negative. Outside of that, it it's good, it's candy to my ears. I doesn't hurt that I have a sound system that plays everything well.

My vote for the the greatest song of all times, regardless of genre is Queens masterpiece Bohemian Rhapsody. Freddy Mercury is the only singer who can do it justice due to his unique vocal range and ability to emote. Musically ii is also unique and exceptional, the combination is mesmerizing

A great backstory by the Professor of Rock

What is your vote for the GOAT?

I vote for that one song I heard one time... :s0070:

Honestly that is so broad you could get 100-1000 answers and they may all be good answers.
That's what I'm hoping for! I'm ALL about adding to my musical library when I run across something I've overlooked. And, if I already have it, maybe it was forgotten and needs a listen.

If I never have to hear a song from Queen again, it'll be too soon. Especially bohemian rhapsody. That song can FOAD.

That said, there are so many things that can make a song "great" that you really need to narrow your question. A lot of the answers you'd get are subjective at best unless you ask for specific qualities such as "the most popular song amongst middle aged white men earning between 20k and 40k yearly in 1977 Baltimore."

If I never have to hear a song from Queen again, it'll be too soon. Especially bohemian rhapsody. That song can FOAD.

That said, there are so many things that can make a song "great" that you really need to narrow your question. A lot of the answers you'd get are subjective at best unless you ask for specific qualities such as "the most popular song amongst middle aged white men earning between 20k and 40k yearly in 1977 Baltimore."
My real question is what in your opinion is the greatest song of all time? It could even be this little gem by Sir Mix-A-Lot

So what song always bring a smile to your face? Any genre, any era, instrumental only, acapella, only, or amy mixture thereof...

I hate to admit it, but some of his work is quite good. The "Swing Street" and "Paradise Cafe" albums are worthy.
He had a good voice. He just became the quintessential punching bag for some reason. Maybe that's a category of greatness in itself. :D

I actually think Copacabana is rather catchy.

He had a good voice. He just became the quintessential punching bag for some reason. Maybe that's a category of greatness in itself. :D
Well, he ain't no Jimmy Osmond...

Being the darling of older women was a profitable niche. The two albums I mentioned above are ones i think he did for his own pleasure, like when Elvis did a gospel album he knew would not be as huge as his rock albums.

Bohemian Rhapsody is a great song for sure...I really liked it the first 1,000 times I heard it... :D
Queen is a excellent group with a lot of range so to speak.
My favorite by them is Crazy Little Thing Called Love

While not the greatest of all time...for some folks....
But the greatest of all time for me.....
Ramble on...Whole Lotta Love...Immigrant Song , When the Levee Breaks , The Rain Song and Over The Hills and Far Away....
All by Led Zeppelin....do it for me.
Its that whole "Light and Shade" that Jimmy Page talks about....
Andy

Edit to add since we are a gun forum....
My Rifle , My Pony and Me....Dean Martin
Lawyers , Guns and Money and...Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner ....Warren Zevon

Last Edited:
Scorpions, Send me an angel.

I was going to post a vid of me playing it, but can't figure out how. Y'all missed a great show, I kill it with that guitar.

Screen shot.

Screenshot_20230429-174153_Video Player.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show