JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just ran across a phenomenal deal if anyone is interested in ballistic helmets. We all know these are insanely expensive, but this company has them on sale for $299. From what I can tell, this is basically the best kind of helmet currently available.

<broken link removed>

Coupon: helmet299

I have no idea if someone is gonna think this is advertising, and I have no stake in this company. I found a good deal, and am passing it along.

I had a spare ACH helmet in small that I did a little ballistic testing on. It didn't stop anything. Nothing. 9mm and .22LR went through and through. I lost faith in "ballistic" helmets then.

This deal comes up occasionally. Its always caught my attention so I am still curious about it. It sounded too sketchy to me to take the risk. Its a chinese helmet. I know someone who said they thought it was comfortable. But the cost is so low that you have to consider it. Its just too good of a deal.

These types of helmets are basically only rated for shrapnel. I would only buy one if I planned on attending a shoothouse class where they require it.

How does this helmet compare in comfort to the ops core or team wendy? How is the overall quality? Does it appear durable? Would you trust mounting a $3500 pvs14 to that mount?

For what it is worth ... a .556 and above round will pass through a 1990's vintage GI issue Kelvar helmet.
Not sure if this is true of the helmet in the OP ... Not really knowing a lot about those.
In my experience a helmet just means more stuff to enter the head wound.
( Not that they haven't saved lives or protected GI's. One did for me in Somalia)
Just don't count on it to be "bullet proof."
Andy

One of the officers at the Pulse incident in Orlando caught a .223 or 5.56 in the forehead of his helmet. So not all of them are useless.
Wonder what brand they use down there at OPD?

This deal comes up occasionally. Its always caught my attention so I am still curious about it. It sounded too sketchy to me to take the risk. Its a chinese helmet. I know someone who said they thought it was comfortable. But the cost is so low that you have to consider it. Its just too good of a deal.

These types of helmets are basically only rated for shrapnel. I would only buy one if I planned on attending a shoothouse class where they require it.

How does this helmet compare in comfort to the ops core or team wendy? How is the overall quality? Does it appear durable? Would you trust mounting a $3500 pvs14 to that mount?

Maybe they were Chinese helmets in the past, but their Facebook postings are saying that these helmets are entirely American. According to them, these are NIJ IIIA rated, which is essentially great for handguns up to 44 magnum, shrapnel, and MIGHT offer protection against glancing rifle shots in certain circumstances. You can choose to believe their claims or not, but most of the criticism of this company is very old, so it is quite possible they have begun delivering an improved, American product.

One of the officers at the Pulse incident in Orlando caught a .223 or 5.56 in the forehead of his helmet. So not all of them are useless.
Wonder what brand they use down there at OPD?

I was curious about that too. I suppose there are just so many factors that go into bullet protection that we may never know. If there was one thing I would put money on, it's angle.

Maybe they were Chinese helmets in the past, but their Facebook postings are saying that these helmets are entirely American. According to them, these are NIJ IIIA rated, which is essentially great for handguns up to 44 magnum, shrapnel, and MIGHT offer protection against glancing rifle shots in certain circumstances. You can choose to believe their claims or not, but most of the criticism of this company is very old, so it is quite possible they have begun delivering an improved, American product.
Like I said, I shot an ACH helmet, and it didn't stop anything. Not 9mm, not .22LR, and they were IIIA rated.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top