JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Like seeing Sasquatch, company's taking care of customers is getting more rare.
Wanted to give kudos to Henry USA. I have a Henry AR-7 survival rifle. Pulled it out of my GHB for cleaning and noticed one of the dog ears on the stock had cracked and broke off. It still attached, but I wanted to order a new one. Couldn't find the part on Henry's website so I had to give the parts dept a call.
Friendly staff got me to the right person and after a quick name, address and what part I needed, they are sending me a new stock- gratis.
I was not expecting that. Had CC in hand, hoping I didn't cringe at the cost.
Thank you Henry! I was looking at 10/22 take downs for my other GBGs, but based on the service, Henry has sold me again!

Humm......I guess there could be two sides/reactions to this sort of "incident".

One might be......

What the ______? QC sucks. My stock broke while sitting in a safe (assuming that a GHB is a safe of some sort).

The other might be......

Customer service is great. They're seeing to it, that it's repaired without an additional cost to me.

Either way.....I'm glad that you're happy.

Aloha, Mark

PS....LOL.....GHB = liquid ecstasy according to one source that I've found.

Last Edited:
To me, the Best Service Department is the one you Never have to use. In other words, they got it right the first time. OKay, things are going to wear and need replacement but I have seen several posts here and elsewhere talking about the problems people are seeing with the brand new Henry guns. I'm not in the market for a new one but I do like to look and I keep seeing many little things and a number of bigger things that just should NOT be present on a new gun.

I'd own a Henry 357 if'n they'd figure out how to produce one with a loading gate on the receiver. I do, however, see a Henry lever .22lr in my near future.

I love their motto " made in America or not at all" though.:)

I'll +1 on Henry; had a couple technical questions about the action and emailed their customer service address; within a day I had a personal reply with the information I needed. I feel certain I could have called and gotten a human person, but it wasn't that critical. :D

Henry rifles have a big appeal in the 'neophyte' gun crowd.
Along with this is a demographic who not only may be new to guns but tend to see them as some view a new car or a piece of jewelry. That is they are largely in part unaware of the basic concept of the mechanical aspect of firearms and somewhat expect them to be 'perfect'.
Henry for the most part understands this and does an excellent job of 'catering' to these people - and probably sometimes to a level most of us would not understand or ever expect.
Some of the reasons people are sending their Henry's back to the factory are for things most of us (moderate to experienced gun owners) would never consider. Simple adjustments, minor repairs or modifications many of us wouldn't think twice about Henry is taking guns back for and I can imagine some of the conversations that take place at the factory - I have actually read where some have considered sending it back because they didn't think they could get it as clean as it should be. Yep.
I am a member of the Henry Forum and try to help out by offering suggestions & tips and some are receptive but many of the members are adamant about how someone should just 'send it back and Henry will take care of it' - regardless of how simple the issue might be.
While Henry has NO DOUBT been at the forefront of quality service word is they are struggling to keep up and occasionally the experiences are not as positive as some are reported to be.

For me GHB is Get Home Bag. lol. I keep it in the trunk, but sometimes I can't remember. ;)
At least once a year, I pull it out to change out emergency rations, clean/oil the rifle, change batteries etc.
Don't remember exactly when I bought the Henry, but I'm sure it was around 98 when Henry first got the rights and they marketed them. I'd say surviving almost 20 years of riding in cars trunks and trucks ain't bad for plastic. I'm sure the new ABS stuff used now is light years better. No fault or deficiencies of manufacture imho.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top