JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"There was a knock and announcement. But I think the grand jury recognized that because the knock and announcement came at about the same time they breached the door and deployed the flashbang grenade, a reasonable person in the suspect's position would not have known that these were police officers."

a "knock" that happens as the same time as breaching the door is the same as no knock

Anyone think juries in WA or OR would do the same?

You can't isolate the actions of the jury from the context. They must have received pretty
specific instructions based on the current law. Texas has some weird provisions for use
of force in defense of property and depending on the details of the event the guy might
have had a legally clean shooting in this case.
<broken link removed>

In Oregon it would likely go differently. The only way I see it being a clean shooting
if the officer entered the dwelling with a firearm drawn and no visible signs of one being
a police officer (in addition to lack of announcement). Shooting a suspect in the dark
or without imminent deadly threat present (such as weapon drawn) would likely result
in a conviction. But of course that's just my opinion, and many will disagree ;)

You can't isolate the actions of the jury from the context. They must have received pretty
specific instructions based on the current law. Texas has some weird provisions for use
of force in defense of property and depending on the details of the event the guy might
have had a legally clean shooting in this case.
<broken link removed>

In Oregon it would likely go differently. The only way I see it being a clean shooting
if the officer entered the dwelling with a firearm drawn and no visible signs of one being
a police officer (in addition to lack of announcement). Shooting a suspect in the dark
or without imminent deadly threat present (such as weapon drawn) would likely result
in a conviction. But of course that's just my opinion, and many will disagree ;)

I am sorry but as soon as someone breaks down my door and enters my house they are a threat and if I am able to I will plant them six feet under. No exceptions.

I am sorry but as soon as someone breaks down my door and enters my house they are a threat and if I am able to I will plant them six feet under. No exceptions.

Yes, that is the confidence I've seen many times around here. Luckily the chances of that happening are pretty slim, but
if it ever comes to that, I hope you'll make a good judgement call whatever it will be.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top