JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
personally, unless it is needed to make the gun function for me, I don't waste the money. Right now standard controls work just fine, the only changes I would make would be an extended slide stop, and maybe a grip safety. In the future better sights are needed but that can wait.

As designed the ergonomics, and reliability of the 1911 are unsurpassed, don't mess with it if you don't have too.

Given by God to John Moses Browning, to smite thine enemies.

You guys are making me more excited every time I see an alert haha. Keep it coning. This is all awesome info to have and know coming into this possible trade. You don't know how much appreciate it!

I personally prefer the 5" model, I've had a handful of smaller guns, but I've found that I can conceal a full-sized gun just as readily as a smaller one. Plus, it's more fun to shoot. I started with a base Colt Government, and I sent her to Wilson Combat.
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/i-got-my-colt-back-from-wilson.172061/

IMG_20140604_203648_zps5c44452b.jpg IMG_20140604_203757_zps30c43c7d.jpg

Beautiful solv3nt. Just like naked women I never grow tired of looking at 1911's. And you sir, need to do us all a favor and post more (and better) pics of such a beautiful example of the masterpiece by John Moses Browning.

Off topic, but you're pretty lucky. My wife won't let me use the kitchen table ever since I tore apart my Ambassadeur reels and cleaned them up with brake cleaner.

On a side note, brake cleaner will remove varnish really well.

If we're gonna turn this into 1911 p o r n, here's my pic.
Top-1951 Colt Government Commercial. Check out the bluing. guns 034.jpg
Middle-1962 Colt National Match (sold this one)
Bottom-2007 Dan Wesson CBOB This is the one I carry. Also the one that gets shot the most. If I ever find myself down to one pistol, this is the one.

I forgot to mention that I went through on the trade. Needed serious cleaning, but I pretty much taught myself by trial and error how to disassemble the whole thing and rebuild it. And it stills fire! Lol she might not be the prettiest but I want to have it cerakoted! What do you guys think?

1415361329539.jpg

Lol she might not be the prettiest but I want to have it cerakoted! What do you guys think?

Don't waste money putting lipstick on a pig (RIA). For the price of cerakote you are well on your way to a nicer 1911. Either save money for a new gun or put it towards ammo. If you are going to do any mods to your 1911, make sure they only cost your time. Break out the polish and the stones; you will thank yourself in the long run.

Might not be the prettiest?? All your gonna be lookin' at is the back of the gun, hammer and the sights when your shooting for hell sake! Phhht. Wait 'till you get money saved up for the NEW Kimber, Remington, Ruger, etc for "Pretty".

Enjoy!

Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews