JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Somewhere in that 6+ mile stretch of Gooseneck Rd is a place or two that needs some attention. I see it starts through some private land and then the rest is on BLM.

@Rem700..300 , I believe you have a special connection in the Polk Co Sheriff's Dept?

I'm liking a Saturday, March 14th or 21st, 9 to noon. Group shoot after. Trash No Land will provide a hot dog BBQ lunch and perhaps some others could bring a salad, water and/or snacks to share. I'm sure we'll have the BLM reps there and would be nice to have a Sheriff Deputy attend.

I'll bring my NWFA AR15! :)

View attachment 653438
Sounds like a great way to kick off a community effort to further our goals. Please stay in touch thru this site, get some more details & I'll contact Polk Co. Sheriff's office & the B.L.M law enforcement. If you send me a P.M I'll give my cell # so we can work out the details. Regards Jim

Sounds like a great way to kick off a community effort to further our goals. Please stay in touch thru this site, get some more details & I'll contact Polk Co. Sheriff's office & the B.L.M law enforcement. If you send me a P.M I'll give my cell # so we can work out the details. Regards Jim
Thanks Jim!

@UnionMillsNW , let's make a priority to discuss your idea of developing a plan to keep that area clean, safe and open. We can make it the main topic of the safety meeting on the morning of the cleanup. I can see getting input and support from the Sheriff's department and the forest agency.
Totally agree, something has to be done. These places are disappearing.

March 14th or 21st would be best, so we can give time to all interested, including government/Law enforcement. That would possibly delay any actions planned to restrict the area.

Now I'm thinking March 28th, just because I'm wanting to fit in a cleanup in Mt Hood and the 14th may be best for that. So, let's see if the 28th will work for most.

Paul Tigan is the main BLM person for that area. They skipped the fall clean up this year because of the logging up there. I am sure he would love to have us organize it. Paul and I forgot who else did the organization in 2018. The March 28th date sounds good and count us in. I dont have a personal contact at the Polk county Sheriff's office. I believe @heyharnel on this site knows someone. Lets us know what we can do to help. I can send Paul's email when I get home.
Thanks
Craig

Last Edited:
Paul Tigan is the main BLM person for that area. They skipped the fall clean up this year because of the logging up there. I am sure he would love to have us organize it. Paul and I forgot who else did the organization in 2018. The March 28th date sounds good and count us in. I dont have a personal contact at the Polk county Sheriff's office. I believe @heyharnel on this site has something to do with Polk county. Lets us know what we can do to help. I can send Paul's email when I get home.
Thanks
Craig
I've been in contact with SGT. Tyrone Jenkins @ the Sheriff's office. He is very responsive & wants to help. Please keep in mind the good SGT. is a busy man, sometimes, we the retired/hardly working folk's tend to forget what it's like to work a long day everyday. Regards Jim

Paul Tigan is the main BLM person for that area. They skipped the fall clean up this year because of the logging up there. I am sure he would love to have us organize it. Paul and I forgot who else did the organization in 2018. The March 28th date sounds good and count us in. I dont have a personal contact at the Polk county Sheriff's office. I believe @heyharnel on this site knows someone. Lets us know what we can do to help. I can send Paul's email when I get home.
Thanks
Cr
I'm ready to help anyway I can

Thanks
Craig
I thought it was Paul. Was about to send him an email.

That's okay about Polk CSO contact. We have one that Jim mentioned. That'll work!

I'll say we go with the 28th. I'll present that to BLM and shore up the disposal details with them. Would be best to have the actual location of the main cleanup site, as it would beneficial as to where the dumpster would be located. I'm sure we'll just pick a good central location for the dumpster and run pickup loads back and forth. Perhaps we can clean up 2-3 places if we have enough volunteers. Especially the main roadways (I always like to make the main roads look good. It benefits all visitors to the forest).

The BLM is the only one we need an okay from, since they are the land managers. Once we firm up the date and they commit to bags & disposal, we're ready to make a formal announcement. I'll post a new thread in the Events section, as well as, on our Trash No Land website and Facebook page.

After that, not much more to do than to spread the word and encourage people to attend. I won't be able to do the fancy type of cleanup, with a big BBQ burgers and lots of free prizes, but I will have our Trash No Land organization provide the hot dogs, buns & condiments to go with it. We will try to encourage people to bring a side dish, snacks and drinking water/sodas. Kids and ladies are highly encouraged to attend!

Other than that, just talk it up and get folks to come join us. We'll have a great After Party group shoot too!

I'll say we go with the 28th. I'll present that to BLM and shore up the disposal details with them. Would be best to have the actual location of the main cleanup site, as it would beneficial as to where the dumpster would be located. I'm sure we'll just pick a good central location for the dumpster and run pickup loads back and forth. Perhaps we can clean up 2-3 places if we have enough volunteers. Especially the main roadways (I always like to make the main roads look good. It benefits all visitors to the forest).

The BLM is the only one we need an okay from, since they are the land managers. Once we firm up the date and they commit to bags & disposal, we're ready to make a formal announcement. I'll post a new thread in the Events section, as well as, on our Trash No Land website and Facebook page.

After that, not much more to do than to spread the word and encourage people to attend. I won't be able to do the fancy type of cleanup, with a big BBQ burgers and lots of free prizes, but I will have our Trash No Land organization provide the hot dogs, buns & condiments to go with it. We will try to encourage people to bring a side dish, snacks and drinking water/sodas. Kids and ladies are highly encouraged to attend!

Other than that, just talk it up and get folks to come join us. We'll have a great After Party group shoot too!

Sounds good, @Cogs . Thanks for doing the leg work on this. I think a central location for the dumpster and having people go out to collect trash and different locations is a good idea. We can probably provide crude maps of sites that need special attention. I'd be happy to donate a few prize items for the people that come out and clean.

Sounds good, @Cogs . Thanks for doing the leg work on this. I think a central location for the dumpster and having people go out to collect trash and different locations is a good idea. We can probably provide crude maps of sites that need special attention. I'd be happy to donate a few prize items for the people that come out and clean.
Yeah, let's do a couple prize thingy's. I have a ton of raffle tickets. Typically, everyone who signs in at the morning safety briefing, gets a free raffle ticket. At lunch, we call the numbers and let the winners choose what they would like from the prize table (first number gets their pick of the crop!). We don't sell any tickets and everyone has only one ticket. I'll dig up a couple goodies as well!

I like the plan & will bring what I can to help / water & $20 donation for Trash No Land. I've got a P/U truck for running trips to the dumpster. I would also like to contact P.C.S office to invite them just for contact w/local's who care, because I believe they feel the same. A joint effort w/as many involved as possible, especially law enforcement along side.

Yeah, let's do a couple prize thingy's. I have a ton of raffle tickets. Typically, everyone who signs in at the morning safety briefing, gets a free raffle ticket. At lunch, we call the numbers and let the winners choose what they would like from the prize table (first number gets their pick of the crop!). We don't sell any tickets and everyone has only one ticket. I'll dig up a couple goodies as well!
I'll think about what goodies I have also, albeit no promises.

I like the plan & will bring what I can to help / water & $20 donation for Trash No Land. I've got a P/U truck for running trips to the dumpster. I would also like to contact P.C.S office to invite them just for contact w/local's who care, because I believe they feel the same. A joint effort w/as many involved as possible, especially law enforcement along side.
Cool, Jim! I'm not sure who P.C.S is, unless it's Polk Co. Sheriff's office, but, you may want to wait for the official announcement before inviting them. Then you can include a link to the website that has all the accurate details of the event (map links, directions, times/dates and details). I should have that web link by early next week. I just sent an email to Paul, at BLM, and if he's all good with the 28th, I'll post the event. Till then, put the safety back on and ease back until we're ready to 'fire-at-Will'... (poor Will). :D

I wonder about the weather on the 28th. Camp out perhaps? I can't wait to camp out the night before a cleanup! Those are so much fun! I think I'll be doing a lot of camping this year!

Cool, Jim! I'm not sure who P.C.S is, unless it's Polk Co. Sheriff's office, but, you may want to wait for the official announcement before inviting them. Then you can include a link to the website that has all the accurate details of the event (map links, directions, times/dates and details). I should have that web link by early next week. I just sent an email to Paul, at BLM, and if he's all good with the 28th, I'll post the event. Till then, put the safety back on and ease back until we're ready to 'fire-at-Will'... (poor Will). :D
Thanks for the info, but I'm not much for jumpin' the gun. I just hope I'm able to send a link to Polk Co. Sheriff, if I can't figure it out I'll have my son do it for me remotely . The worlds greatest son will be 38yrs. old 26th of this month. If I ever grow up I want to be like him!!

Thanks for the info, but I'm not much for jumpin' the gun. I just hope I'm able to send a link to Polk Co. Sheriff, if I can't figure it out I'll have my son do it for me remotely . The worlds greatest son will be 38yrs. old 26th of this month. If I ever grow up I want to be like him!!
Geez! You sound just like me! I've got four of those that I want to be like! From early 20's to mid 30's. And they're all awesome kids!

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.