JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Jr and I went out there Thursday, they are grading the road for logging and getting ready to put drainage pipe in on the main drag. My guess is they will shut the main drag down when they dig up the road and instal the drainage pipes

Went out today. There was some logging trucks, the lower road past the split was closed. Went to my usual shooting spot. It was "clean" for Gooseneck Rd. standards. Mostly shotgun shells and a few boxes that some yahoo left behind. I cleaned everything up and carted off the trash before I left for the day. IMG_3951.jpg

9FAB21E0-B421-437C-BB66-4DB5DF7A748A.jpeg

Was out on Gooseneck again today. Some knuckleheads had shot down a pretty large tree.

Really grinds my gears seeing how people disrespect our natural resources.

I picked up their trash on my way out.

View attachment 645681

Was out on Gooseneck again today. Some knuckleheads had shot down a pretty large tree.

Really grinds my gears seeing how people disrespect our natural resources.

I picked up their trash on my way out.
unbelievable, What's needed is a private patrol, taking pictures / videos & documenting license plates, in other words a LAWFUL war on the idiots who would take away our rights by their bad behavior. in essence an agreement to do something about this, with a well thought out plan that involves Polk County Sheriff. If this kind off stuff isn't stopped, how far will YOU have to drive to target shoot? I personally have spoken with dozens of shooters in that area. So take a stand or find another spot!!!! It's only a matter of time.... Regards to all.

unbelievable, What's needed is a private patrol, taking pictures / videos & documenting license plates, in other words a LAWFUL war on the idiots who would take away our rights by their bad behavior. in essence an agreement to do something about this, with a well thought out plan that involves Polk County Sheriff. If this kind off stuff isn't stopped, how far will YOU have to drive to target shoot? I personally have spoken with dozens of shooters in that area. So take a stand or find another spot!!!! It's only a matter of time.... Regards to all.
I do have some free time, but limited funds to a degree. pooling resources might make a difference.

I don't have a bag big enough for this....

2803BBBC-1CDC-4E01-A817-EC1FC675FF14.jpeg

Some bozo left a car out on Gooseneck Rd. I hauled away two bags of trash, worst I've seen it, but can't get this thing out of there.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was stolen, chopped, and then dumped.

I'd like to arrange a clean up crew for Gooseneck... but it's getting so bad I'm not sure Good Samaritans could keep up with the riff raff.

So disrespectful to our outdoors.

Damn, this is getting out of hand. This spot is where I first learned to shoot and I always take my time to pick up everything of mine plus more. Haven't been out there since last time I caught a guy driving while shooting his pistol out the window into the side of the mountain, pretty much over our heads.

I love this spot but it definitely needs some love, or moreover, people who can respect the land. If something is organized I will definitely try to make it.

Hey @Cogs what are the laws about having signs with rules about shooting in our forests?

View attachment 653351

Some bozo left a car out on Gooseneck Rd. I hauled away two bags of trash, worst I've seen it, but can't get this thing out of there.

I'd like to arrange a clean up crew for Gooseneck... but it's getting so bad I'm not sure Good Samaritans could keep up with the riff raff.

WOW!!!! How much longer will this place be available?

View attachment 653351

I know exactly where that spot is, you can get a 100yd shot in that spot. When the sheriff's office finds this it may be the last straw

Exactly. I like this spot precisely because you can get a 100 yard shot in (barely 100 yards but it's possible), and it has a great berm that provides a safe area to shoot.

I can't stand seeing trash in the forest and burned out husks of vehicles is way past the line.

Is there a way NWFA could team up with the forest service/sheriffs department to come up with a plan to keep our forests safe and clean? It would be a real shame for all of us to lose access to public land because of the criminality of a few bad eggs.

Exactly. I like this spot precisely because you can get a 100 yard shot in (barely 100 yards but it's possible), and it has a great berm that provides a safe area to shoot.

I can't stand seeing trash in the forest and burned out husks of vehicles is way past the line.

Is there a way NWFA could team up with the forest service/sheriffs department to come up with a plan to keep our forests safe and clean? It would be a real shame for all of us to lose access to public land because of the criminality of a few bad eggs.
I contacted Polk Co. Sheriff and was told the timber company's had a retired law man was doing some patrol work. I directed the deputy to this web site & said he would have plenty of eye's out there if needed. This may be the start of a joint effort from folks like us & law enforcement.

Yes, this is on my radar for a cleanup soon. Wanna do towards the end of March?

I'll be making contact with the land management agency and the Sheriff's department to team up (we'll need help with Trash bags and disposal).

Could someone send me the exact GPS coordinates? PM might be best or to my email, [email protected]. I'll check it on onXmaps to verify property ownership.

As for the question on signs with rules that @BrandonOR asked, no laws say they have to post shooting rules, it's up to them if they want to post them. They do like when we get involved by making suggestions like this. It shows them we are interested in addressing the problem. Especially if we offer to install the signs and we're doing cleanups. They are less likely to close a place if we start getting involved.

Bill

@UnionMillsNW , let's make a priority to discuss your idea of developing a plan to keep that area clean, safe and open. We can make it the main topic of the safety meeting on the morning of the cleanup. I can see getting input and support from the Sheriff's department and the forest agency.

Yes, this is on my radar for a cleanup soon. Wanna do towards the end of March?

I'll be making contact with the land management agency and the Sheriff's department to team up (we'll need help with Trash bags and disposal).

Could someone send me the exact GPS coordinates? PM might be best or to my email, [email protected]. I'll check it on onXmaps to verify property ownership.

As for the question on signs with rules that @BrandonOR asked, no laws say they have to post shooting rules, it's up to them if they want to post them. They do like when we get involved by making suggestions like this. It shows them we are interested in addressing the problem. Especially if we offer to install the signs and we're doing cleanups. They are less likely to close a place if we start getting involved.

Bill
I have names of contacts w/BLM & polk co. B.L.M Rich Williams (Salem OR. office) Tyrone Williams (Polk Co. sheriff) I agree w/getting involved & that's what I'm doing. I don't have G.P.S stuff. I'm willing to do what what I can to help preserve the rights we have. A deputy of Polk Co. called me back w/the contact info I gave you. Polk Co. deputies also go out there & don't want to loose the area to idiots. We are one the right track, lets stand together & fight for what we own as a community.

@UnionMillsNW , let's make a priority to discuss your idea of developing a plan to keep that area clean, safe and open. We can make it the main topic of the safety meeting on the morning of the cleanup. I can see getting input and support from the Sheriff's department and the forest agency.
Your post is exactly what's needed to keep area's like this open for all of us. If the government see's lawful people trying to fix a problem they will be far less likely to close an area to people who are fighting to keep it open. I forget what wheel gets the grease?

Somewhere in that 6+ mile stretch of Gooseneck Rd is a place or two that needs some attention. I see it starts through some private land and then the rest is on BLM.

@Rem700..300 , I believe you have a special connection in the Polk Co Sheriff's Dept?

I'm liking a Saturday, March 14th or 21st, 9 to noon. Group shoot after. Trash No Land will provide a hot dog BBQ lunch and perhaps some others could bring a salad, water and/or snacks to share. I'm sure we'll have the BLM reps there and would be nice to have a Sheriff Deputy attend.

I'll bring my NWFA AR15! :)

Gooseneck Rd onXmaps overview.jpg

I think a clean up is a great idea. I'd even be willing to donate some stuff if we want to give prizes for most trash cleaned/biggest item found ect.

I may have some military obligations in March but won't know until next month. Either way I'll support how I can.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.