JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went out to gooseneck today cuz didn't wanna drive all the way to the range. Nobody else this afternoon up there. I see the state put in a new gate at the very beginning of the road right we're the gravel meets pavement. I assume they did this to close the region during fire season or when logging work is done.

Some new signs posted way up in the woods declaring unsafe spots to shoot. Still some extra trash laying around not too bad I've seen it much worse. Overall found my favorite spot tucked way in the back dead end road and got some good pistol work in.

I saw it was closed last weekend, I assumed they would open it up this week since we've had a little bit of rain in the fire danger must be reduced at least a little bit.

Thanks. I was out there last week. It's an hour drive and the only spot I know of out here where I can stretch out to 1,000m. Was not a happy camper when I was met with the Gate.
I go by there regularly.. I'll post when/if I see it's open.. next trip likely 2-3 weeks.

I touch base with BLM once a week at least. They have no intentions of opening that gate until it's rained a whole bunch more. I was also told they will not issue any firewood permits until November.

I go by there regularly.. I'll post when/if I see it's open.. next trip likely 2-3 weeks.
I failed. Dark, rainy, foggy, traffic, missed the road. Kept going as I didn't bring anything special, just stuff I normally have save more ammo so didn't turn back.
Next time I'll have GPS on for penance.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.