JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
...I'm out yesterday checking out gun shops with Sandman1212 when I get a message from my Mom...

After several arduous months of chemo, SHE IS IN TOTAL REMISSION FROM STAGE 4 LYMPHOMA. Let me repeat that... STAGE 4. I personally have never known anyone to come out the other side of stage 4 cancer.

Whether ya'll are spiritual/religious/agnostic/atheist/whatev or not, she had people all over the world praying for her... and I bet it didn't hurt :D

Thanks for letting me share a little good news here.

It was a great moment! It was a fantastic moment that I was blessed to be a part of! "Better than becoming a millionaire":s0155::D
Congratulations to both your Mom and yourself Parkie! God is in charge!

Congratz on the remission, hopefully everything stays good. Its amazing how much cancer is common now. The wife's mother a month ago had her third breast cancer surgury. They ended up doing a double masocetmy (sp?). The wife's cousin had breast cancer that morphed into severe bone cancer and she passed away Sunday morning. Its pretty nuts, and it worries me for wife when she gets older her genetics suck. Thankfully my side have never had to deal with that.

For those of you with family that have cancer don't put off visiting them, we put off visiting the wife's cousin last summer and said we would be by next summer and I know its affecting the wife now...

For those of you with family that have cancer don't put off visiting them, we put off visiting the wife's cousin last summer and said we would be by next summer and I know its affecting the wife now...
STNOSU, how right you are. I'm really grateful I'm going to see Mom day after tomorrow. I wish your family all the best & you're in my prayers (and I'm sure it's likewise from all these great people here, too!)

*Edit- 'cos I think a little humor helps us all deal with challenges like these... one of my best friends in N. Ireland is a doctor & he & alllll my friends there have had Mom on their prayer-chain since her initial diagnosis. We joke in total good fun since I'm a 'proddy' and the son/grandson of preachers, so Mom & I thought his message to me today was really funny:

"Yep it really is awesome news and must be such a relief for you all...and good to hear some good news. Tell your Mom she's very welcome for the prayers, it's a scientific fact that Irish Catholic prayers are sometimes up to five times stronger than all other leading brands of prayer ; ) "

His sense of humor has always helped me out when things were looking their darkest.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads