Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

GOOD NEWS I just wanted to share...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by atypicalparkie, Oct 20, 2010.

1. atypicalparkie

atypicalparkie sowfeast poetland, ohraygun Member

...I'm out yesterday checking out gun shops with Sandman1212 when I get a message from my Mom...

After several arduous months of chemo, SHE IS IN TOTAL REMISSION FROM STAGE 4 LYMPHOMA. Let me repeat that... STAGE 4. I personally have never known anyone to come out the other side of stage 4 cancer.

Whether ya'll are spiritual/religious/agnostic/atheist/whatev or not, she had people all over the world praying for her... and I bet it didn't hurt :D

Thanks for letting me share a little good news here.

2. Weebs

Weebs Clackamas County Member

wow that's awesome atypicalparkie!!!!!! congrats to you and more importantly congrats to her!

3. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

:woot: hallelujah

4. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Good to hear.

5. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

That is great news for her and you I'm sure. The power of prayer is underestimated by many.

6. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Fantastic news. :thumbup:

7. slyguy

slyguy Eugene Member

Always great to hear news like that. Makes you want to tell the people close to you that you love them every chance you get!

8. ron22250

ron22250 Newberg Member

That's great news !!

9. sandman1212

sandman1212 NW Oregon Active Member

It was a great moment! It was a fantastic moment that I was blessed to be a part of! "Better than becoming a millionaire":thumbup::D
    Congratulations to both your Mom and yourself Parkie! God is in charge!

10. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Prayer works !!...........:thumbup:

11. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Great news! :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing.

12. atypicalparkie

...Mom thinks it's neat that all you cool people could share in the good news too!
    ...and news like that from a loved one really is better than being a millionaire!

13. STNOSU

STNOSU Corvallis Member

Congratz on the remission, hopefully everything stays good. Its amazing how much cancer is common now. The wife's mother a month ago had her third breast cancer surgury. They ended up doing a double masocetmy (sp?). The wife's cousin had breast cancer that morphed into severe bone cancer and she passed away Sunday morning. Its pretty nuts, and it worries me for wife when she gets older her genetics suck. Thankfully my side have never had to deal with that.

For those of you with family that have cancer don't put off visiting them, we put off visiting the wife's cousin last summer and said we would be by next summer and I know its affecting the wife now...

14. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

congrats to all.. blessings are in order.. TY

15. atypicalparkie

STNOSU, how right you are. I'm really grateful I'm going to see Mom day after tomorrow. I wish your family all the best & you're in my prayers (and I'm sure it's likewise from all these great people here, too!)

*Edit- 'cos I think a little humor helps us all deal with challenges like these... one of my best friends in N. Ireland is a doctor & he & alllll my friends there have had Mom on their prayer-chain since her initial diagnosis. We joke in total good fun since I'm a 'proddy' and the son/grandson of preachers, so Mom & I thought his message to me today was really funny:

"Yep it really is awesome news and must be such a relief for you all...and good to hear some good news. Tell your Mom she's very welcome for the prayers, it's a scientific fact that Irish Catholic prayers are sometimes up to five times stronger than all other leading brands of prayer ; ) "

His sense of humor has always helped me out when things were looking their darkest.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  16. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Great news! Praise God for His healing! :D:thumbup:

17. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

That's great news. Congrats.

18. Celtic Armory

Celtic Armory Port Orchard, WA Member

Great news. It's always great to hear when someone overcomes deadly adversity. May she live healthy for a long time to come.