JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a Tikka t3, and its a great ,very accurate rifle, with heavy bullets only. 69 grain sierras make this rifle shoot incredible, but I think I can fine tune it a little better. I tried some match grade 52-55 grain bullets and it throws them all over, maybe because of the 1:8 twist? So would anyonne like to share some pet loads and maybe I can fine tune this baby a little? My best group today was .77 for 5 shots.

Your rifle should shoot up to 77-80gr bullets quite well. To get a lighter bullet to shoot well with that barrel twist I would slow it down or use a better bullet.

The best Ive done with lighter bullets was a slower load with 55gr ballistic tips just over 2" group. Mini-14 performance, no thanks!:s0112: I havent tried anything heavier than 69 grain.

I have a 1:8 twist AR and 68 or 69 grain seem hit the sweet spot. Both the Hornaday and Sierra bullets shoot 1/2 moa for me. I tried the heavier 75 and 77 grain bullets and they shot around 3/4 moa. With a good 45-55 grain bullet, the gun still shoots under 1 moa.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews