JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a Tikka t3, and its a great ,very accurate rifle, with heavy bullets only. 69 grain sierras make this rifle shoot incredible, but I think I can fine tune it a little better. I tried some match grade 52-55 grain bullets and it throws them all over, maybe because of the 1:8 twist? So would anyonne like to share some pet loads and maybe I can fine tune this baby a little? My best group today was .77 for 5 shots.

Your rifle should shoot up to 77-80gr bullets quite well. To get a lighter bullet to shoot well with that barrel twist I would slow it down or use a better bullet.

The best Ive done with lighter bullets was a slower load with 55gr ballistic tips just over 2" group. Mini-14 performance, no thanks!:s0112: I havent tried anything heavier than 69 grain.

I have a 1:8 twist AR and 68 or 69 grain seem hit the sweet spot. Both the Hornaday and Sierra bullets shoot 1/2 moa for me. I tried the heavier 75 and 77 grain bullets and they shot around 3/4 moa. With a good 45-55 grain bullet, the gun still shoots under 1 moa.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top