Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Good Grief, Charley Brown, Another I-594 "kick-off?"

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, May 15, 2014.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Just how many political kick-offs do gun prohibitionists need?

The Seattle-based Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility (WAGR) – the well-financed gun control group pushing Initiative 594 – has announced its noon campaign kick-off on June 2 at Seattle’s Westin Hotel, but this is not the first such event the organization has had since launching the effort more than a year ago.

http://www.examiner.com/article/just-how-many-political-kick-offs-do-gun-prohibitionists-need

2. Michael Js

Michael Js Greater Seattle, WA Active Member

Why am I thinking of moving to the Seattle, WA area from Kommiefornia? The more I read about OR & WA, the more they are looking like what I'm trying to get away from :(

3. Tony617

Tony617 Washington State Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Pretty much most counties in eastern Washington are conservative and the western ones are liberal like: King, Snohomish, Pierce, and San Juan. I am not sure about Skagit and Whatcom county. I know there is WWU in Bellingham but they do have places to shoot up around the Bellingham, Custer, and Lynden. I haven't done that much research yet but I see a sportmens club in Custer, and there is a Lynden shotgun club. I also see a Plantation rifle range up in Bellingham as well. I have not had the time to check them out yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Washington

4. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Compared to Komifornia, Washington is the second worst state for gun laws. Oregon is much more liberal with there gun laws. Idaho is even better. If you are going to move to Washington, stick to the east side. The Puget Sound is full of wolf lovin tree huggers who have never been outside the city in there entire life.

5. Dave Workman

Washington is worse than Oregon?

Washington passed the MODEL state pre-emption law in 1983.
    Washington has had CCW since 1935
    Washington's state constitution protects OC
    Washington just passed SBR
    Washington allows suppressors
    Washington has one of the best self-defense statutes in the country
    Washington doesn't need an SYG law, because SYG is enshrined in state supreme court rulings

Now tell me what's so bad about that?

;)

JohnnyD and Frankenrifle like this.
  6. Tbucket

Tbucket Olympia,Wash. Active Member

While Puget sound does have some wolf loving tree huggers, there are plenty of us that have been outside of city limits. I basically grew up in the woods around the south sound. Seems the further north you go the worse it is though.

7. 223to45

223to45 Whatcom Active Member

That is because to many people from California already moved here. :D

8. 223to45

223to45 Whatcom Active Member

WOW, if you think WA is that bad you really don't know WA. IS there better states?? Sure. But for being a blue state, WA gun laws are pretty good.

JohnnyD likes this.
  9. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

Washington is pretty good as far as gun rights go. I think we might be better than Texas on a few things which is strange because of how many democratically aligned urbanites reside here.

10. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

I just got invited to the Everytown meeting in Bellevue. You need to give up your info before they will give you the details.

I'm probably going to attend, just to hear their tactics.

11. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Can any rights organizations in WA file against WAGR for harassment?
    Sweet jesus, Id go ape shnizzle if my rights kept coming under the scope like that, the people have spoken and they DONT want it! Just go away already.
    There really needs to be a push against that organization who wants to rip everyones freedom and constitutional rights away that would end WAGR for good.. Hell WAGR should be classified as a HATE group!

bnsaibum likes this.
  12. Dave Workman

I sent you a PM.. Important that you respond.

13. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

Zero response from them re a date.

14. BigStick

BigStick Sherwood, OR Well-Known Member

As long as the news keeps giving them more time, they will keep planning "kick-off" events. They don't care if it is a lie. That much is clear.