Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Good but in-expensive tactical scope. Looking for sugestions

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by 81selfmade, Jun 3, 2012.

1. 81selfmade

81selfmade southern washington New Member

Hey Everybody

I'm looking for a good but "cheap" scope for my AR-15. I can't afford the Eotech set up I want at the moment. If anybody has suggestions or opinions that would be great.

2. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

3. BlackSwanArms

BlackSwanArms Monroe, WA New Member

What is your cut off for "cheap" and do you prefer the red dot style or a small variable power? If you're looking for something new I'd be happy to send you a list of what I have available with NWFA member pricing.

4. KTM530XCW

KTM530XCW Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Millet DMS-1. Kicks ***.

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  5. CleverName

CleverName Southern Oregon Active Member

Check out the Primary Arms red dots and Micro Dots. I have a P.A. Micro Dot on my AK and love it. Its always held zero and has fairly good battery life. Great prices too.

6. KTM530XCW

KTM530XCW Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I actually have a Primary Arms green dot that sits on top of the P.E.P.R mount holding my DMS-1. They rock!

7. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

I have a Sig Sauer 3x I bought for $125 a month or so ago. You have the option of a non-illuminated reticle that is very crisp and has stadia lines out to 600 I believe. It also allows for green and red illumination and again the reticle is very crisp and sharp. I have found that in the daytime the brightest settings with either color isn't very good. Even though it's "illuminated" it's difficult to tell. However, the black reticle is there. At night or twilight the lower illumination settings are best. At the brighter settings there is a tendency to get some reflection making it harder to see the target. You learn to "look through" the reflection but it is a bit annoying.

I also have a Bushnell version of the AP Micro. It has been a great little 1x red dot.

8. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

I just found out that Bushnell is making a cheaper version of an EoTech. Look it up, it is about half the price.

M

9. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

Define "good" and "inexpensive". Also wtf does "tactical" mean to you?

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  10. AIRASSAULT18B

AIRASSAULT18B Permanent Vacation Member

Exactly what he said. Also you have to pay to play. I would keep using the stock sights untill you can afford something other then Chinese crap.

11. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

12. krkruse

krkruse Salem area Active Member

I got one and Its sweet. I have no exp with Aimpoints or EoTech.. But this one is really nice (from what I can tell) Ive had mine out a few times and was hitting steel no problems at all..

Totally worth the price. I paid more than the $120 here and am completely satisfied. The only thing I have with it is my own fault is I have to make extra effort to remember to shut the thing off.

13. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

14. techiej

techiej vancouver, wa Active Member

Get yourself over to Keith's (or a very well stocked store) and check out their selections. My son picked up an inexpensive 3-9 ncStar + Red Dot for his M&P 15-22.

Just let them know what you're looking for in terms of features and budget.

15. jsa

jsa N. Seattle New Member

If you're not looking for magnification, check out the Konus Sight-Pro Atomic 1x24mm red dot. I've had it on an AR for 1.5 years and maybe 1000 rds. Same battery since buying it and has green and red 4 moa dot. in variable brightness. It's a Micro clone just like the Sig and Bushnell versions. Maybe from the same manufacturer. Depending where you get ot $100 to $150.
    You'll want a rail spacer of some kind to match up with your BUIS.
    Konus_reddot.JPG

Konus_reddot.JPG