JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I paid the same after that site charges for shipping
$120 versus $82.87?
F5F41DA9-BBC6-46CA-A0C4-F5EEF111697C.png

Got my Five Seven mags delivered yesterday

I am still doing a mag inventory.

A conservative estimate of number/cost leads me to believe I have spent about 10% on mags that I have spent on guns. I have spent quite a bit more on ammo than I spent on mags- probably somewhere between 30-50% of what I have spent on guns (not including accessories - just the bare guns).

I recently bought a Canik, it came with 2 factory MecGar mags. Locally I couldn't find any of those but a local shop had some Promags. I regret that purchase as the rounds bunched up midway and there are no witness holes for round count. I ordered some MecGars online and will save the crappy ones for practice.

318104_14936979973824_rId6.jpg

Somewhere along the line in the last ten years, I somehow unintentionally, picked up a ProMag 32 rd mag for a P226

About a month ago I decided to test it to see what would happen. Today the weather was nice, I had it loaded up already (ball reloads), so I took it out on the porch and it ran fine. Repeat and rinse two more times (~100 rounds) and no hiccups - so far.

I will probably run some more reloads thru it today, but I am pleasantly surprised that, given their poor reputation, it has run fine so far. I will probably use it during practice for a year or so, if for no other reason than it allows me to concentrate on shooting for a longer period of time. If after that time I have had no problems, I might consider it for a last ditch high cap mag as it seems no one else makes high cap mags for the classic series SIGs.

You don't even want to look at Hk mags I use to get USP mags for $15-20 !
When!? Lol. I had a USP Tactical .45 about 13 years ago and even back then mags were $50 or more each. It's crazy to me that Sig P365 mags now fetch the same price tag.

If you think $50-$60 is high for a single mag...

2011 mags will set you back a few coins...

About 25 years ago is cost me a bit over $100 for a spare magazine for my Sig P210-6 and I wish I'd bought 2, I don't want to look at what they cost now. If only the new Sig 210 USA magazines fit the Swiss pistols...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top