JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the dollar via inflation becomes worthless, the US will issue a new currency in an attempt to save itself. They can't do that with gold.

Actually, they can. Most 'new' currencies issued after a country's monetary system collapses are fiat as well. Still, that doesn't detract from the rest of your statement, which is absolutely spot on.

Since the people in charge aren't stupid, it is my opinion that the dollar crash is being purposely engineered, either to replace the dollar with the Amero for instance or just wipe all of our debt off the books in one 'fell swoop'. (The Amero was supposed to be instituted by 2010 anyway, so they are pretty much right on track.)

Keith

If the dollar via inflation becomes worthless, the US will issue a new currency in an attempt to save itself. They can't do that with gold.

Actually, they can.
Keith

They can just print more gold, LOL?

I agree they can change to another fiat currency, wiping out the dollar.

They can also inflate the dollar until it takes a million dollars to buy a loaf of bread and minimum wage is a million dollars an hour. That makes it much more possible for them to pay off debt.

The government can also steal your gold and issue paper for it.

jj

That's what they did in 1933. Made everyone turn in gold in exchange for dollars. It was then illegal for citizens to own gold until 1974.

Of course the dollar was backed by gold on hand then. Today... toilet paper.

I agree they can change to another fiat currency, wiping out the dollar.

They can also inflate the dollar until it takes a million dollars to buy a loaf of bread and minimum wage is a million dollars an hour. That makes it much more possible for them to pay off debt.

I think I misread that portion of your statement. I took it as meaning that if they start a new currency, they'll need gold to back it up. I think that was the wrong way to interpret that.

Keith

Sure... if there's gold to back it up

US_$20_1905_Gold_Certificate.jpg

If all of the first world and developing countries were to decide to go back on the gold standard and back their currencies with gold, they would need 47 X as much gold as there is in existence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eventually Gold will be cheaply synthesized and then it too will be worthless. Gold was first synthesized in 1941.

Maybe, if the price gets high enough. I heard some rumor that gold had been synthesized but the cost was sky high and a lab could tell the difference.

There are some things science just can't do such as create life or cure all cancers.

Maybe, if the price gets high enough. I heard some rumor that gold had been synthesized but the cost was sky high and a lab could tell the difference.

There are some things science just can't do such as create life or cure all cancers.

Actually Science has created synthetic organic life just in the past year from computer generated DNA, there really isn't anything nature can do that man won't eventually be able to do, it's just a matter of time and hard work to get the answers.

A reproducible process for synthetic Rubies was first done in 1837

A reproducible process for synthetic diamonds was first done in 1953

Eventually humans will master building everything from the sub atomic level, it will truly be a different world without need of stores of natural resources available locally. It's not really a question of if, so much as a question of when.

Actually Science has created synthetic organic life just in the past year from computer generated DNA, there really isn't anything nature can do that man won't eventually be able to do, it's just a matter of time and hard work to get the answers.

A reproducible process for synthetic Rubies was first done in 1837

A reproducible process for synthetic diamonds was first done in 1953

Eventually humans will master building everything from the sub atomic level, it will truly be a different world without need of stores of natural resources available locally. It's not really a question of if, so much as a question of when.

But you haven't named anything that an expert can't tell from the real thing. They can simulate it, but so far they can't really make it.

If they could, a real high quality 5 carat diamond would now be worthless. Unfortunately for the scientists, theirs is worth $20 and a real one is worth a hundred grand and any jeweler can tell the difference.

The point of synthetic gold is moot. In the here and now, it has value.

Keith

How can it have investment value when it costs a lot more to make than real gold costs, and an expert can tell it from real?

Like synthetic diamonds, it has industrial use, but synthetic diamonds are dirt cheap and have really helped industry in cutting and polishing operations. They have found a big niche in costume jewelry because they are so cheap.

Synthetic gold isn't used that way because you can buy real gold in larger quantities and it's cheaper to buy and use. It, like synthetic diamonds, can be distinguished from the real thing.

??

I think you guys are missing the part of my post where I said "eventually"..... To say it's not the case now is, well it's like stating water is wet.

With all due respect Trsmn, I believe there are some things that man can't do and never will. That includes creating life without using existing life forms or parts. I mean, create real life which can reproduce itself as life does now.

Right now we can't cure the common cold. Let's work on that first. :D

With all due respect Trsmn, I believe there are some things that man can't do and never will. That includes creating life without using existing life forms or parts.

I will respectfully disagree, man has all the tools necessary, the universe works under a defined set of rules and parameters, all that we attribute as the exclusive powers of God will be reproducible by man eventually, those things that are ethereal with never be achievable by man but neither will anyone ever be able to demonstrate God doing these things either.

In the history of man things we take for granite today would have been considered divine or magic to the ignorance of the past.

Subatomic structure and manipulation will be cracked by man, it's just that at this time we in our history/timeline we are the ignorant ones who consider it divine or magic, our future human decedents will get to laugh at our ignorance just as we laugh at the ignorance of our ancestors.

Ah but what do you consider a cure? Colds are not normally terminal thus they cure themselves. Would a cure to you mean a vaccination to eliminate the possibility of a cold?

I will respectfully disagree, man has all the tools necessary, the universe works under a defined set of rules and parameters, all that we attribute as the exclusive powers of God will be reproducible by man eventually, those things that are ethereal with never be achievable by man but neither will anyone ever be able to demonstrate God doing these things either.

In the history of man things we take for granite today would have been considered divine or magic to the ignorance of the past.

Subatomic structure and manipulation will be cracked by man, it's just that at this time we in our history/timeline we are the ignorant ones who consider it divine or magic, our future human decedents will get to laugh at our ignorance just as we laugh at the ignorance of our ancestors.

Ah but what do you consider a cure? Colds are not normally terminal thus they cure themselves. Would a cure to you mean a vaccination to eliminate the possibility of a cold?

Seems to me man kind is unable to cure its own insanity...

Seems to me man kind is unable to cure its own insanity...

Well that is one of many things delaying progress, there is no doubt of that, but whether knowledge progresses slowly or quickly it does move ever forward. Unfortunately man is still a victim of it's own animalistic instincts programed into us through our DNA, that which was necessary to get us from the ancient past to today relatively intact.

Americans have been brainwashed to accept paper with no backing as money and the system really works good until one day when someone wakes up to the fact that it is worthless paper (coming soon to a place near you) and refuses to accept it as an exchange for his goods. gold and silver have been money throughout recorded history until banks got control of the system and found out they could make paper and ink money and get away with it. This paper system fails regularly and they start it over again and again it is how they rule. READ JEFFERSON.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top