JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That pretty much sums it up.
Why.... with the Billions being poured into the Stock market right now, is it still going down?
That money is someplace?
Billionaire hedge fund managers are doing great.

Bit Coin - El Salvador's Experiment

The reality.

BUT, But, but......In El Salvador, people trust the President.

HA, Ha, ha.....

Aloha, Mark

PS......

View attachment 1177357

70% of people (in El Salvador) don't have a bank account but they own a smartphone and can afford the monthly phone fee?

Yeah......SOMEONE is making money.

If it were in Amerika? Rrrrrright......some people might just demand a free smartphone and free monthly access.

Equity means = access to the system (including the internet).

Oh $@^*!?!? Not to worry.......someone will be along to suggest that more money could/would just be added to their EBT Card.
In America the only people who hafta beg for a free smartphone are the taxpaying citizens

As danger ranger said should have been done a long time back. Interestingly despite silver price declining it cannot be found anywhere. Gold/silver bullion shops around Portland I called a few days ago are sold out, and one advised 8 week lead time. JM bullion was showing 2 week + wait due to extreme order volume but not sure how that will actually pan out for people. One told me they weren't sure when they were going to close- could be any day now:-(
Try ordering some windows!

Unfortunately, Silver and Gold is not a supply and demand game when the trillionaire elite can simply print certificates at will to suppress the price. Precious metals are still better than fiat currency, which has zero intrinsic value and is backed by nothing.

Silver though is also rigged because JP Morgan simply prints certs that are not backed by any reserve of physical silver at all.

If the price was based on physical silver and not fictional certs, the price would be somewhere 70x-170x the current melt value.
This is why you can see a low silver price not reacting to runaway inflation. Trying to buy generic .999 coins off CL for $4 over melt. Not happening.

Always have heard the saying 'wait until people demand physical silver!!!". When have people shown a backbone at all, especially in the last two years? They will never demand anything except perceived and false safety.

Unfortunately, Silver and Gold is not a supply and demand game when the trillionaire elite can simply print certificates at will to suppress the price. Precious metals are still better than fiat currency, which has zero intrinsic value and is backed by nothing.

Silver though is also rigged because JP Morgan simply prints certs that are not backed by any reserve of physical silver at all.

If the price was based on physical silver and not fictional certs, the price would be somewhere 70x-170x the current melt value.
This is why you can see a low silver price not reacting to runaway inflation. Trying to buy generic .999 coins off CL for $4 over melt. Not happening.

Always have heard the saying 'wait until people demand physical silver!!!". When have people shown a backbone at all, especially in the last two years? They will never demand anything except perceived and false safety.
Dang, you speak too mouth truth!!!! Even in your movie!!!!😁

Just wait. We have had two entire generations born and raised in a disinflationary environment and that's all they know. Those of us who survived the 70's know what's gonna happen here. It's a learning curve.

Does silver (or gold), in the modern world, really have the kind of intrinsic value they had before other materials and processes were invented? While still important, they seem far more decorative and less essential.

In other words, if the economy really tanked, what are the people who have real wealth going to do with the silver you have to trade?

Rare earths seem like a better bet. Or copper. Or heirloom seed stocks.

Does silver (or gold), in the modern world, really have the kind of intrinsic value they had before other materials and processes were invented? While still important, they seem far more decorative and less essential.

In other words, if the economy really tanked, what are the people who have real wealth going to do with the silver you have to trade?

Rare earths seem like a better bet. Or copper. Or heirloom seed stocks.
They're going to savE it for when the economy untanks. Silver and gold have been appreciated/desired by every civilization known to history. PMs are used as currency, art and jewelry. People just want them. They will be wanted while and after civilization rebuilds from whatever collapse that happens.

Last Edited:
They're going to sav it for when the economy untanks. Silver and gold have been appreciated/desired by every civilization known to history. PMs are used as currency, art and jewelry. People just want them. They will be wanted while and after civilization rebuilds from whatever collapse that happens.
Yeah, I'm just saying that a lot of the reason they are/were precious metals had to do with things that aren't really the case anymore. Silver used to be extremely important for industrial processes and to make things like silverware. Now it isn't because we have stainless steel. Their decorative value can only continue if people view jewelry as necessary - which in egalitarian societies they might not because the symbolism is gone.

So I don't know if PMs are as meaningful as they were. Consider that horses would have had enormous value throughout history, but that ended after WWI. However the world changes, it isn't likely to just go back in time.

Silver is needed for many electronics. Especially everyone's version of a baby blanket these days. Mobile devices.
IMHO silver takes a far back seat to food, water, tools, etc. That said, most people's 'wealth' is entirely tied to fiat currencies and nothing will be worse than that as something to rely on at all. Backed by nothing at all. FDIC? LOL. An underfunded 1:7000 joke. 1913 was the true end of this as a free country.

Another happy note - Lots of times people refer to Billionaires as the 'elite' or people in charge. True powers control over 2/3rds of the world's currencies as they print/create it at will. Think Trillionaires, not billionaires. Compared to true powers, Bezos or Gates are like the homeless dude with the shopping cart.

The reason all governments (well, 95%) can work together on a scam in unison is because all of them are simply tools. Most are nothing more than giant corporations with profit and power in mind and they could care a less about YOU.

The media is the #1 tool however, as in controlling the narrative. They control 99% of media so, come on now, anyone at this point who believes they are free is just delusional.

DON'T dwell on this all day. NO point. Focus on things you can change or do to affect you personally. As an ant you can't reconstruct the ant farm; live in it, deal with it. Just dig your own sand tunnel and make yourself at home. Other than that, enjoy the buffet (bread crumbs we are handed to comply).

I've never understood the mentality of people thinking gold/silver is going to be the in demand currency in a collapsed society. If we ever reach that point where chaos has truly become a reality survival will be the only currency there is. When food and water stop moving no one is going to be out looking for silver to trade for their items. Metals are a investment option for financial leverage during cyclical transitions in the economy. They are not saving graces for end times. I am not discouraging anyone from investing and I only speak for myself. I have a small % of my portfolio in gold but I am under no illusion it will help me if the world as we know it collapses. I look at like this, post collapse 2 guys show up one has a bag of coins the other a pack of tools and knows how to build/repair/farm whatever...who do I want invited in.

I've never understood the mentality of people thinking gold/silver is going to be the in demand currency in a collapsed society. If we ever reach that point where chaos has truly become a reality survival will be the only currency there is. When food and water stop moving no one is going to be out looking for silver to trade for their items. Metals are a investment option for financial leverage during cyclical transitions in the economy. They are not saving graces for end times. I am not discouraging anyone from investing and I only speak for myself. I have a small % of my portfolio in gold but I am under no illusion it will help me if the world as we know it collapses. I look at like this, post collapse 2 guys show up one has a bag of coins the other a pack of tools and knows how to build/repair/farm whatever...who do I want invited in.
Read your history. Find a time, if you can, when precious metals have not been valuable.
Find a civilization, if you can, that didn't value precious metals.
Think further ahead than your immediate survival. Once the poop storm has passed and civilization begins rebuilding, precious metals will be one of if not the primary means of exchange and people with PMs will be in a better position than those without.
Only a fool would think that PMs alone will get you through a collapse. They are one tool to have in your post apocalyptic tool box along with guns, food , water shelter etc. What use is a toolbox that only had hammers in it? They are poor screwdrivers and even worse as wrenches. You need as many tools to handle whatever situation comes up. Same in your survival kit. You can't say "Plato o plombo?" without the plato

Barter is a clumsy way to trade. It's generally done out of necessity because I want that chicken and you want my hammer. Where barter stumbles is when my hammer is worth way more than that chicken. I'm not giving you, nor do you want half of a hammer for that chicken. That is why we need silver and gold. Because they have always been accepted as a means of exchange. They are familiar and the chicken farmer will know that that ounce of silver or gold is real, tangible wealth.
And last but not least, a bag of silver rides easier on your belt than a bag of hammers.;)

Read your history. Find a time, if you can, when precious metals have not been valuable.
Find a civilization, if you can, that didn't value precious metals.
Think further ahead than your immediate survival. Once the poop storm has passed and civilization begins rebuilding, precious metals will be one of if not the primary means of exchange and people with PMs will be in a better position than those without.
Only a fool would think that PMs alone will get you through a collapse. They are one tool to have in your post apocalyptic tool box along with guns, food , water shelter etc. What use is a toolbox that only had hammers in it? They are poor screwdrivers and even worse as wrenches. You need as many tools to handle whatever situation comes up. Same in your survival kit. You can't say "Plato o plombo?" without the plato

Barter is a clumsy way to trade. It's generally done out of necessity because I want that chicken and you want my hammer. Where barter stumbles is when my hammer is worth way more than that chicken. I'm not giving you, nor do you want half of a hammer for that chicken. That is why we need silver and gold. Because they have always been accepted as a means of exchange. They are familiar and the chicken farmer will know that that ounce of silver or gold is real, tangible wealth.
And last but not least, a bag of silver rides easier on your belt than a bag of hammers.;)
Your "thinking" is based on the widely assumed idea you will somehow just automatically live through the "poop storm". All the precious metal in the world does you no good if you don't survive the storm. Also I think you need to look at history, all civilisations initially had no standard currency and precious metals were NOT considered ideal for trade. Salt, booze, furs, spices, food were all used manyu many times well before metal. Why? Because you need them to survive. Your logic only works in a semi civil society. My thinking of skills/tools/knowledge works in every society whether rich or poor. As I stated earlier, I'm not telling anyone how or what to do with their plans or resources. I'll keep my bag of hammers anyday over a bag of silver as they can at least build, defend, and create.....silver does none of that.

That money is someplace
Paper and cyber assets get created out of nowhere by governments and central banks. They can just as easily disappear into nowhere. When a paper asset value goes down, it just does, and someone loses "money." In modern times, the financial establishment has stepped in to prevent societal chaos, run up the printing presses, and made everyone whole. Which disallowed normal, cyclical adjustment back to a previous norm and permitted the huge wave of loose money that exists at present. True "money" is only good if it's somewhat scarce. For example, if you have to work to get it. Otherwise it loses all respect.

There are paper precious metals and physical precious metals. Look at the present premium (spread) between quoted "spot" prices for silver, vs. what actually must be paid for physical metal. Market manipulation on a large scale probably isn't infinitely sustainable.

A large segment of the precious metals financial world is held in various paper instruments (futures, derivatives, etc) , not physical gold. And, much of the physical gold that exists is linked to paper financial arrangements (on loan, leased out). The real value of PM may be revealed if and when current financial chicanery blows up.

I am under no illusion it will help me if the world as we know it collapses
In that case, all you will need is one single bullet. To put through your head. Precious metals are bridging devices, hopefully, through a bad spell. So maybe it's a good idea to have some of both. Just like the prospect of death. You know there is a hole in the ground waiting for you, but you say your prayers at night just in case there is a Heaven.

Your "thinking" is based on the widely assumed idea you will somehow just automatically live through the "poop storm". All the precious metal in the world does you no good if you don't survive the storm. Also I think you need to look at history, all civilisations initially had no standard currency and precious metals were NOT considered ideal for trade. Salt, booze, furs, spices, food were all used manyu many times well before metal. Why? Because you need them to survive. Your logic only works in a semi civil society. My thinking of skills/tools/knowledge works in every society whether rich or poor. As I stated earlier, I'm not telling anyone how or what to do with their plans or resources. I'll keep my bag of hammers anyday over a bag of silver as they can at least build, defend, and create.....silver does none of that.
Why can't one have silver and a bag of hammers? Gold and food? This thinking that you only get to choose one or the other is a fallacy.

Choose both. Make sure you have a few solid water source options as well because if we are playing the "you only get one game", I'd have the water and you can have the bag of hammers. :)

BTW, Bert has the whole thing dialed. The game is played out way above my pay grade.

Try "reading" my message again I said PM's are A tool in the survival kit, NOT the only tool. And yes, before there were civilizations, people did use barter but when they became civilizations, they used money in the form of silver, gold and copper coins. Do you really think humanity will fall all the way back to the stone age? That we will start from scratch? We'll all be doing the Bartertown thing from the Road Warrior movies forever? Well, if that's your fantasy,, have fun with it. Personally, I think that we would rebuild society. It's what humans have done throughout history. It's what we do. And if I'm right about that, then even if I don't live to see it, my kids or grandkids will and the PM's I have saved will help them in that new society.
So yes, you're damn straight I plan on living through any "poop storm"/collapse. If you don't think you're going to make it through the poop storm then you should probably hang yourself now to save yourself a lot of suffering.

And you're wrong about silver (and gold) Your hammers build things Gold and silver build civilizations including the ability to build, defend, and create.
Think bigger.

Try "reading" my message again I said PM's are A tool in the survival kit, NOT the only tool. And yes, before there were civilizations, people did use barter but when they became civilizations, they used money in the form of silver, gold and copper coins. Do you really think humanity will fall all the way back to the stone age? That we will start from scratch? We'll all be doing the Bartertown thing from the Road Warrior movies forever? Well, if that's your fantasy,, have fun with it. Personally, I think that we would rebuild society. It's what humans have done throughout history. It's what we do. And if I'm right about that, then even if I don't live to see it, my kids or grandkids will and the PM's I have saved will help them in that new society.
So yes, you're damn straight I plan on living through any "poop storm"/collapse. If you don't think you're going to make it through the poop storm then you should probably hang yourself now to save yourself a lot of suffering.

And you're wrong about silver (and gold) Your hammers build things Gold and silver build civilizations including the ability to build, defend, and create.
Think bigger.
Well thank you for showing me that rationale discussion is dead. I can see by your responses it is not me living in fantasy as I do not base any of my decisions or thinking on movies or hyperbole. I wish you endless riches in your future Utopian society that you and your offspring create.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top