JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Booked a fly fishing trip to Montana in sept & wondering what the Idaho reciprocity is for wa ccp. It says that it's honored,but then says something about an enhanced Idaho license. Montana is a no go from what I've read. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks y'all.

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Last time I was in Montana was 2004, couldn't carry then even with both WA and OR licenses. I was in our motorhome so I had the .45 on the floor beside me and my IWB holster on and the 12 GA inthe bedroom. Luckily for me as two Spanish speaking "gentlemen" thought I would be easy pickings. They were wrong. Didn't have to do anything but show I was armed and they left!

MT recognizes both WA and OR licenses according to Handgunlaw.us. Check it out here http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/montana.pdf as there are add'l provisos for carry when outside cities and engaged in activities.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Last Edited:
It is a felony to carry a non-checked firearm on Amtrak in Montana. Also, I believe that all bars are a no go in Montana, which is similar to Washington, with the exception of being slightly stricter.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top