Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Going to montana via Idaho,how to carry?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by LyleLovett666, May 27, 2014.

1. LyleLovett666

LyleLovett666 Seattle Active Member

Booked a fly fishing trip to Montana in sept & wondering what the Idaho reciprocity is for wa ccp. It says that it's honored,but then says something about an enhanced Idaho license. Montana is a no go from what I've read. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks y'all.

2. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
    Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Last time I was in Montana was 2004, couldn't carry then even with both WA and OR licenses. I was in our motorhome so I had the .45 on the floor beside me and my IWB holster on and the 12 GA inthe bedroom. Luckily for me as two Spanish speaking "gentlemen" thought I would be easy pickings. They were wrong. Didn't have to do anything but show I was armed and they left!

MT recognizes both WA and OR licenses according to Handgunlaw.us. Check it out here http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/montana.pdf as there are add'l provisos for carry when outside cities and engaged in activities.

Deen
    NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
    NRA Golden Eagle member
    Defender of Freedom Award
    NRA Recruiter
    Second Amendment Foundation Member
    Washington Arms Collectors Member
    Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  3. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

4. John H

John H Whatcom County Well-Known Member

Since when???? Did you go to the source?? The Montana website and see what it had to say, and not from billy bob upriver.

https://doj.mt.gov/enforcement/concealed-weapons/

pdrake and rocky3 like this.
  5. LyleLovett666

LyleLovett666 Seattle Active Member

Looked at five sites that said Montana didn't recognize wa permits and then stumbled on the montana doj site.

6. ak56

ak56 Carnation, Wa Active Member

Can you tell us which five sites you checked so we can avoid them?

I checked both www.handgunlaw.us and www.usacarry.com and both correctly show that Montana recognizes Washington.

7. solv3nt

solv3nt Portland Well-Known Member

It is a felony to carry a non-checked firearm on Amtrak in Montana. Also, I believe that all bars are a no go in Montana, which is similar to Washington, with the exception of being slightly stricter.