JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With all these talk of gun bans everyone is talking about going out with a fight. Say the government decides to pull an "Australia Gun Ban" on us and puts a government buy back into place. How many of you are actually going to give you're guns up? Are you willing to fight for your guns? I know I can say i will not willing give up my guns. I'm just curious of how many people are serious about going out with a fight.

With all these talk of gun bans everyone is talking about going out with a fight. Say the government decides to pull an "Australia Gun Ban" on us and puts a government buy back into place. How many of you are actually going to give you're guns up? Are you willing to fight for your guns? I know I can say i will not willing give up my guns. I'm just curious of how many people are serious about going out with a fight.

This sounds like a pre-registery question. Letting them know your an enemy before they become the enemy...... lol

This sounds like a pre-registery question. Letting them know your an enemy before they become the enemy...... lol

I didn't say that I was going to fight anyone just not willing to give them up. Maybe I just mean that they will physically have to come to my door with a warrant to obtain my guns instead of myself going to them to hand over my guns.

Nope, I'm happy to turn in any clip fed assault rifles in my collection. However, since my AR uses magazines, is not full auto and has never 'assaulted' anyone I have nothing to turn in

Man, you boat guys have horrible luck. Good thing I don't have any firearms to lose. Looks like I waited too long. I guess I can only blame myself for procrastinating.

Shoot if we keep talking about these boat accident the government might find them too dangerous and ban those too.

:s0114:Soooo true there should be a law about that too...It would go something like; you may only transport firearms in a motor vehicle to and from the federal approved shooting range of which you have to be a member and pay taxes on.

Just wait and see it could happen

I do not think the government will ever get people guns. It is just to much work.
It pretty easy most countries that ban guns, have gun crimes just as much if not more then they did before.
I am not saying either that one should fight, I just see no reason the government will take that on to require any fighting.

The pure fact as much as I am a hard *** about my views on Assault weapons, I think pure paranoia is fueling people to think they will come and get them. I am going to site two cases.

1. In Southern Oregon there are a few thousand Marijuana farms, and the feds with their high budget can only get a few per year
taken down. And there are many other crimes, as well. There is just not a budget big enough to go house to house or even city to city for a rifle or handgun. And what if some one has a "boat Accident " now the logistical nightmare is two fold.
They can not hide weed near as well as a gun can be hidden, it is something they would rather manage then ban.

2. In 2010, 10,228 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States. In 2010, over 1.4 million drivers were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.

About the same time, how many Americans are killed every year by guns, not including people killed by police?
The last statistics are from 2004, and there were 29,569 people killed by guns .
However the statistic missing one crucial aspect that over 60% of were suicides, and the figure 29,569 does not include those killed by LE's it is estimated 200 people die from police yearly due to guns but close to 1200 die yearly due to traffic fatality directly as the result of police.

Now .............. 438,000 people die from cigarettes in the same year !

If you look at this simply the government can not stop the biggest killers which appears related to societies addiction, it is foolish for them to even try and ban guns.

And they may just try it, but I doubt in my life time it will happen.

I do not think the government will ever get people guns. It is just to much work.
It pretty easy most countries that ban guns, have gun crimes just as much if not more then they did before.
I am not saying either that one should fight, I just see no reason the government will take that on to require any fighting.

The pure fact as much as I am a hard *** about my views on Assault weapons, I think pure paranoia is fueling people to think they will come and get them. I am going to site two cases.

1. In Southern Oregon there are a few thousand Marijuana farms, and the feds with their high budget can only get a few per year
taken down. And there are many other crimes, as well. There is just not a budget big enough to go house to house or even city to city for a rifle or handgun. And what if some one has a "boat Accident " now the logistical nightmare is two fold.
They can not hide weed near as well as a gun can be hidden, it is something they would rather manage then ban.

2. In 2010, 10,228 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States. In 2010, over 1.4 million drivers were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.

About the same time, how many Americans are killed every year by guns, not including people killed by police?
The last statistics are from 2004, and there were 29,569 people killed by guns .
However the statistic missing one crucial aspect that over 60% of were suicides, and the figure 29,569 does not include those killed by LE's it is estimated 200 people die from police yearly due to guns but close to 1200 die yearly due to traffic fatality directly as the result of police.

Now .............. 438,000 people die from cigarettes in the same year !

If you look at this simply the government can not stop the biggest killers which appears related to societies addiction, it is foolish for them to even try and ban guns.

And they may just try it, but I doubt in my life time it will happen.

The difference is they don't care about drugs, drunk driving, or lung cancer. You can't overthrow the government with one of those. If they disarm us they can do whatever they want with little fear of retribution. Lets face it, people fear guns today because they want to be irresponsible self absorbed bubblegums and not have repercussions.

Remember in the movie Red Dawn, first thing the bad guy's did was go to the NRA to get a list of who owned guns. That scene has always stuck with me, and is one of the reasons I never joined the NRA or bought a firearm through an FFL.

Crazy, I think maybe so, still...............

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top