JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The difference is they don't care about drugs, drunk driving, or lung cancer. You can't overthrow the government with one of those. If they disarm us they can do whatever they want with little fear of retribution. Lets face it, people fear guns today because they want to be irresponsible self absorbed bubblegums and not have repercussions.

I hear what you are saying but don't think anyone or any group will ever will be in positiion to overthrow our government, no matter what happens.

Remember in the movie Red Dawn, first thing the bad guy's did was go to the NRA to get a list of who owned guns. That scene has always stuck with me, and is one of the reasons I never joined the NRA or bought a firearm through an FFL.

Crazy, I think maybe so, still...............

Totally WRONG!!
The NRA has no idea who owns what. The used the forms you fill out at the FFL's when you purchase a weapon.

Government only has the illusion of power, we ARE the government.

All it would take for a complete change would be for people to just start saying "no".

Instead, as a nation we will most likely continue to be manipulated into giving up our rights and decay into a dog-eat-dog tyrannical cesspit formerly known as the USA.

Totally WRONG!!
The NRA has no idea who owns what. The used the forms you fill out at the FFL's when you purchase a weapon.

I'm fairly certain that the vast majority of NRA members have a firearm of some sort and that works for the plot point in the movie... but yes FFL tracking or the background check database.

Remember in the movie Red Dawn, first thing the bad guy's did was go to the NRA to get a list of who owned guns. That scene has always stuck with me, and is one of the reasons I never joined the NRA or bought a firearm through an FFL.

Crazy, I think maybe so, still...............

Are you sure?
I watched both the original AND the remake just yesterday... I don't remember that part from either movie.

I'm gunna buy some dive gear an' find all these guns :s0155: from the boating accidents.

And :s0140::s0154:
Government only has the illusion of power, we ARE the government.
Great joke though

Only way this statement could be true is to go out with a fight,
I mean if any of us actually owned guns,or were really old enough to.

Like anybody on a forum is old enough to own guns.

Gotta go,mom's calling

Are you sure?
I watched both the original AND the remake just yesterday... I don't remember that part from either movie.

============================================================

Well it has been? Maybe 20 years since I last saw the movie.

I recall the head Cuban guy tell one of his flunkies right after they secured the town to do this and that, getting the NRA records was part of that.

Must have it confused with something different, where did you see the Movies, are they out on RedBox?

Not exactly.
They're both on my netbook. I'll have to scan through them tonight to see if I missed that.

He tells him to go to the sporting goods store and obtain the form 4473 files (the ATF Firearms Transfer form) so they can find out who privately owns weapons. It's on Netflix and it's at 13:25-ish in the movie.

We all knew this was coming. We all knew it the day he was re-elected. This horrible tragedy was just the ticket to get things moving. We had a chance to stop it, but people like handouts more then freedom. Never thought I'd see the day when Americans gladly traded their Freedom and Rights for social services and Free Cell Phones. Speaking of free phones, was I the only one who didn't get one?

Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube

I have heard that illegal government entry into some gunshop offices could cause a bad fire.;)

It would be a terrible thing to lose all that information about your customers,huh?:s0092::s0162:

I'm fairly certain that the vast majority of NRA members have a firearm of some sort and that works for the plot point in the movie... but yes FFL tracking or the background check database.

In the original, it was the spanish speaking flat hat colonel talking to one of the other spanish speaking guy saying to go get for 4493, it will give a list of privately owned firearms. Technically true. Si Senior Bella...

Must watch that movie again...

:)

download.jpg

even though the face is blanked out it HAS to be SavageGerbil

download.jpg

In the original, it was the spanish speaking flat hat colonel talking to one of the other spanish speaking guy saying to go get for 4493, it will give a list of privately owned firearms. Technically true. Si Senior Bella...

Must watch that movie again...

:)

=============================================================

This, found the Red Dawn Wiki page.

Red Dawn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads