JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Keep making your voices heard! Easy...

Git 'er done.

Boss

Just received this reply:

Dear John,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the many anti-gun and anti-second amendment bills currently pending in the Washington Legislature. In total, there were 26 or more such terrible bills that were introduced this session. I have been diligently tracking each bill and keeping a watchful eye on their progress through the legislative process. Here is where things currently stand:

HB 1010 (Senn)– Concerning the disposition of forfeited firearms by the Washington state patrol.
Passed the House, Scheduled for a Public Hearing in the Senate Law & Justice on 2/12.

HB 1068 (Valdez)/SB 5062 (Kuderer) – Concerning high capacity magazines.
House bill appears to be dead. Senate bill is dead.

SB 1286 (Peterson)/SB 5340 (Kuderer) – Banning the sale of assault weapons and large capacity magazines.
Both bills appear to be dead.

HB 1315 (Lovick)/SB 5174 (Palumbo – no longer in office) – Concerning concealed pistol license training.
House bill is on 2nd Reading in the House, one stop away from a floor vote. Senate Bill is dead.

HB 1346 (Pollet) – Preventing lead exposure in young people.
Appears to be dead.

HB 1374 (Macri) – Relating to local government authority to regulate firearms.
Appears to be dead.

HB 1530 (Davis)/SB 5434 (Wilson, C.) – Restricting possession of weapons in certain locations.
House bill appears to be dead. Senate bill is on 3rd Reading in the Senate, one stop away from a floor vote.

HB 2240 (Valdez)/SB 6077 (Kuderer) – Concerning high capacity magazines.
House bill is in House Rules, one stop away from a floor vote. Senate bill is in Senate Rules, one stop away from a floor vote.

HB 2241 (Peterson)/SB 6076 (Kuderer) – Concerning assault weapons and large capacity magazines.
Both bills appear to be dead.

HB 2467 (Hansen) – Establishing a centralized single point of contact background check system for firearms transfers.
Scheduled to be passed from House Appropriations Committee on 2/8.

HB 2519 (Walen) – Concerning reasonable public safety measures to prevent dangerous individuals from acquiring ammunition.
Appears to be dead.

HB 2555 (Goodman) – Concerning background check requirements for firearms classified as other under federal firearms laws.
Scheduled for Public Hearing in House Appropriations on 2/8.

HB 2622 (Kilduff) – Concerning procedures for ensuring compliance with court orders requiring surrender of firearms, weapons, and concealed pistol licenses.
Scheduled for Public Hearing in House Appropriations on 2/8.

HB 2623 (Walen) – Prohibiting the possession of firearms by persons convicted of certain criminal offenses.
Passed from House committee, should be in House Rules Committee next, one stop away from a floor vote.

HB 2925 (Senn)/SB 6686 (Das) – Prohibiting the possession of weapons on state capitol grounds.
NEW bills, introduced late in the session. Unsure of pending action at this time.

SB 6161 (Dhingra) – Imposing an excise tax on ammunition.
Appears to be dead.

SB 6288 (Dhingra) – Creating the Washington office of firearm violence prevention.
Passed from Senate committee on 2/6. Should be in Senate Rules Committee next, one stop away from a floor vote.

SB 6294 (Salomon) – Concerning concealed pistol license training requirements.
Passed from Senate committee. Currently in Senate Rules, one stop away from a floor vote.

SB 6307 (Liias) – Communicating mass violence threats.
Passed from Senate committee on 2/6. Should be in Senate Rules Committee next, one stop away from a floor vote.

There are so many of these bills in both chambers, it is possible I may have missed one or more. If there is a specific bill you were concerned about and I didn't include it in the list above, please let me know the bill number and I'd be happy to provide you a status update and contact information for the prime sponsor.

I offer the caveat that where I have noted a bill appears to be dead… these things have a nasty habit of springing back to life unexpectedly in the 11th hour, so I would encourage you to remain diligently engaged on the progress of these bills. As you likely know, I am opposed to each and every one of these bills and will continue to fight on your behalf. But please keep contacting the sponsors of these bills (their e-mail addresses are linked above) and let them know how you feel about them. You should also contact Governor Jay Inslee and Attorney General Bob Ferguson, as many of these bills were directly requested by them.

Yours in service,

[her embedded signature didn't copy over]

Senator Lynda Wilson
17th Legislative District

Olympia Office - 110 Irv Newhouse Building
PO Box 40417 - Olympia, WA 98504
* [email protected] ( 360.786.7632

Follow me on Facebook!

NOTICE: Please know that based on a December 2019 ruling by the state Supreme Court, the names and supplied contact information of people who contact my office are subject to public disclosure. Other information supplied to my office may also be open to public viewing upon request, unless specifically exempted under RCW 42.56. If you have potentially sensitive information to share, please call my office at 360.786.7632.

Done!!!
As some of you may know by my other posts, the two Reps in my area Chapman and Theringer are both going to SO vote yes on every one of these gun bills.... Chapman proposes to be "staunch 2A".
here are his views... Hope you can stomach it!!!

James, thanks for sharing your thoughts on guns and gun control measures. As a former law enforcement officer, owner of multiple firearms, a concealed weapons permit holder and the father of a US Army soldier I am staunchly pro 2nd Amendment. That said I believe in responsible gun ownership and I believe certain weapons have no place on our streets.

I did sign on to the bill banning the purchase of assault rifles. I have also supported the safe storage of firearms and I have never been upset at background checks, waiting periods or responsible requirements. I co-sponsored limiting the magazine size and I support further training of gun owners.
See I believe responsible gun ownership by the majority protects the 2nd Amendment rights of all citizens and that without reasonable guidelines and restricting some types of weapons (fully automatic weapons have been restricted for years) all of our 2nd Amendment rights are at risk. I understand that not everyone agrees with me and I appreciate all views on this issue as that is what makes our Country great. Your opinions are as valid as mine and we can have respectful, open and free debate and dissent. I respect your opinion and I ask for the same courtesy. While we don't agree on the issues you raise here we can find agreement in other areas with respect to the 2nd Amendment.
I take these positions out of sense of conscience and moral duty to those I am sworn to protect and serve. I have been decorated in the line of duty by my Country and I take my responsibility as a State Legislator very seriously.
Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Representative Mike Chapman
24th Legislative District

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews