JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Return to Content
Archive | OFF Alerts

Where Are Our Sheriffs?

03.27.15 In the recent past, Oregon Sheriffs have taken a vocal and passionate stand in defense of the 2nd Amendment rights of the people who elected them. Now? With a tiny number of exceptions, like Sheriff Glenn Palmer of Grant County, who has proudly stood for gun rights, the sheriffs and the Sheriffs Association have […]

Continue Reading
Prozanski Coordinates Anti-Gun Bills With Anti-Gun Groups

03.27.15 As we told you yesterday, the anti-gun extremists in the Oregon Legislature have pulled out all the stops to race through a dangerous gun owner registration bill. SB 941 would force you to conduct firearms transfers through a licensed dealer at whatever cost he chose to charge. Of course, the complexities of trying to […]

Continue Reading
Gun Grab Is Flying Through The Legislature!

03.26.15 Just in time for April Fools Day, SB 941 , the gun owner registration bill, is scheduled for a hearing on April 1 at 8AM in Hearing Room 50 before the Senate Judiciary Committee. We told you they were going to race this through and they sure are. The anti-gunners in the Oregon Senate are […]

Continue Reading
GUN OWNER REGISTRATION BILL INTRODUCED!

03.26.15 The long promised gun owner registration bill has been introduced. SB 941 requires police background checks on private transfers of firearms. Now the failed background check system you are subject to at gun stores will be required when you give a gun to your best friend. The bill has a long list of co-sponsors […]

Continue Reading
Gun Confiscation Bill Heard In Senate Committee Today

03.25.15 Today the Senate Judiciary Committee heard SB 525. The bill expands the ability of the state to seize firearms from people who have been neither accused of, nor convicted of, committing a crime. The room was filled with supporters whose testimony can only be described as incoherent, inconsistent and misleading. Everyone who testified in […]

Continue Reading
MORE GUN BILLS MOVING. ACT NOW.

03.23.05 Tomorrow, as you know, the Senate Judiciary Committee will be hearing SB 913, a bill to outlaw the sale of ivory. This does not outlaw the sale of new ivory, it outlaws the sale of almost all ivory no matter how old. An amendment to the bill limits the definition of "ivory" to mean the […]

Continue Reading
Two Pro Rights Victories, And A "Mammothly" Stupid Bill

03.20.15 First Pro-Gun Victory. Yesterday your voice was heard loud and clear. HB 2628, which was sold as a bill to eliminate fees for persons requesting stalking orders, but contained a huge anti-gun provision, was amended to remove the anti-gun language. If you are interested, the amendment can be seen here. Thanks to all who took […]

Continue Reading
Your Efforts Are Paying Off. Lots More To Be Done

03.18.15 Living in a state controlled by anti-gun militants can be frustrating, but your hard work is clearly having a positive effect. But don't relax just yet, there is more to do. On March 5th we asked you to contact the House Judiciary Chairman and ask that he remove dangerous language from HB 2628. That […]

Continue Reading
Josephine County Passes Pro-Rights Resolution

03.12.15 Yesterday, Josephine County passed its pro-rights resolution 2-1. The opposition came from Commissioner Cherryl Walker who supports gun owner registration. Fortunately the other two commissioners were willing to take a strong stand in defense of the Second Amendment. Our congratulations to the people of Josephine County and our thanks to Commissioners Heck and Hare […]

Continue Reading
Deschutes Takes A Dive

03.12.15 In the long and very successful battle for our rights, we have watched county after county stand with the citizens and make strong public statements defending our Second Amendment rights. There have been a few curious hold outs. Obviously Lane County is one of them. But even stranger is Deschutes County. Although many county residents […]

Continue Reading
Josephine County…

03.10.15 Tomorrow, the Josephine County Commissioners will be discussing Resolution 2015-012 "In the Matter of Adopting A County Resolution on the Subject of Universal Background Checks for Firearms Purchases." We have not seen the resolution but have reason to believe it will be a good one. (UPDATE, here is the resolution.) The Commission will meet at 5:30 PM […]

Continue Reading
Bill Expands Judges' Power To Seize Firearms

03.05.15 Today, the House Judiciary Committee will be hearing two bills of interest to gun owners, HB 2628 and HB 2915. HB 2915 allows a small tax credit for the purchase of a"qualifying gun safe." As far as we can tell, this bill is mostly symbolic. HB 2628 is troublesome. It adds the following language […]

Continue Reading
Curry County And Tillamook County Pass 2nd Amendment Resolutions

03.04.15 Today both Tillamook and Curry County passed pro 2nd Amendment resolutions. This was a great day for pro rights activists and more proof of the power of the grass roots. The lies the anti-gunners keep repeating that "87%" of Oregonians and "most gun owners" support further intrusions on their privacy and more attacks on their rights […]

Continue Reading
Myrtle Point Passes Resolution, Tillamook On Deck

03.03.15 Yesterday the City of Myrtle Point sent a message to the Coos County Commissioners and unanimously passed a pro Second Amendment resolution that the County would not. The resolution specifically opposes the proposed expansion of the gun owner registration system. Congratulations Myrtle Point for leading the way. We expect other cities to follow. "Moms […]

Continue Reading
Cities Join Counties, Corvallis Back In The News, SB 385

More Counties Consider Resolutions, Cities Start To Stand Up, Corvallis Back In The News, SB 385 Heard But Not Acted On. 02.27.15 The first Oregon city to consider a stand against the expansion of intrusive background checks will be Myrtle Point Oregon. On Monday, March 2, the City Council will be considering Resolution 2015-06, "Opposing […]

Continue Reading
1 232 Next →

Where Are Our Sheriffs?

In the recent past, Oregon Sheriffs have taken a vocal and passionate stand in defense of the 2nd Amendment rights of the people who elected them. Now? With a tiny number of exceptions, like Sheriff Glenn Palmer of Grant County, who has proudly stood for gun rights, the sheriffs and the Sheriffs Association have been silent.

The Sheriffs of Oregon are the last bastion of defense against the tyranny of the Portland controlled legislature, but despite promises to take a stand, they have been AWOL on the coming legislation to require that you beg for permission from the State Police before you can exercise your "right" to keep and bear arms.

If you don't think the failed background check system can hurt you, consider the email OFF received today from a gun dealer.

In his message he said "I currently am the FFL licensee for my gun store. On 3-20-15 I purchased a Ruger 10/22 for a birthday present for my wife. Imagine my surprise when an employee of mine ran a background on me, the ffl holder, and a delay until May 1st was returned as a response. That's a 41 day delay for someone licensed by the federal government to handle the sale and disposition of firearms. It is no wonder why I have simple transfers that are still pending from as early as the first of November 2014 in my files from people who have never committed a crime in their life. This should not only be a severe outrage to me, and those like me, but also to any who hold our system with even the slightest regard."

This kind of insane nonsense has to stop, and it has to stop here. Please contact the Oregon Sheriff's Association and tell them you expect them to take a stand, now, to protect your rights.

You can find contact info for your sheriff here.

Please consider a message to the President of the Oregon State Sheriff's Association, Jason Myers, asking him why he, and so many other sheriffs, have been silent on the latest attack on your rights and your privacy.

Contact info for Sheriff Myers ([email protected])

Sample message:

Dear Sheriff Myers,

In the past, many Oregon Sheriffs have proudly stood in defense of the 2nd Amendment Rights of the people who elected them. Now, even though your own county, Marion, has joined over 20 other Oregon counties in opposition to more restrictions on our rights, the Oregon State Sheriff's Association has been silent on the latest attack, SB 941. You knew this bill was coming. It was no secret. When are you, and the other sheriff's going to stand up against this attack on my liberty and privacy?

Yours,

Prozanski Coordinates Anti-Gun Bills With Anti-Gun Groups

Friends of OFF
© 1999-2015 Oregon Firearms Federation. All Rights Reserved.

Site Support & Consultation Services By: OregunShooters.com

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads