JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you want a .50 rifle I can't see why a person wouldn't just get a 50bmg. Same price for the rifle and I'm guessing about the same price for ammo.

Well 1# is that its a straight case and easy to reload ...
#2 as a brush gun they are perfect ... Elk behind a bush? Just shoot right threw the bush... Elk behind a tree? Just shoot roght threw the tree...
3# the rifle price is kinda jacked up... If they see people want them it wouldnt be too much to convert most lever actions to a 500s&w

Well 1# is that its a straight case and easy to reload ...
#2 as a brush gun they are perfect ... Elk behind a bush? Just shoot right threw the bush... Elk behind a tree? Just shoot roght threw the tree...
3# the rifle price is kinda jacked up... If they see people want them it wouldnt be too much to convert most lever actions to a 500s&w

I tell my neighbors that I got it because if there was a home invasion in their house and the crook was hiding behind the neighbors refrigerator, I could shoot them from my house behind my refrigerator. Always get a good laugh out of that one.

I'm more than comfortable with 44 mag being my ceiling in a handgun, I'll stick with 45-70 for a big bore buster.
I have a S&W Model 69 now. With "regular" 240gr ammo it kicks much more sharply than the 500 did. The weight of the X-Frame and the comp made all of the difference. The 500 would move me around a lot more, but wasn't nearly as uncomfortable to shoot. Felt like packing two handguns, though.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews