JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
$2800 is a lot of money.

Honestly. In the looks department? I think it's just the wood that makes this lever gun so desirable. Metal finish is just so so.
Might I suggest you go out and buy some deluxe wood for the lever gun you already own? Or keep an eye open for one already fitted.

You never know how much you might enjoy your current rifle in some new cloths?

Need .500 S&W blasting power?
Well that's another story.

Last Edited:
.50 Alaskan in a Modified 1895 Marlin, NOW were talkin!:D

Untitled46.jpg

Sorry but the .500 is just a yawner for me.
I shoot a lot - more than most people I know and I prefer my 'mediocre' 30-30s or .357 levers - mostly for the economy and the fact these calibers are ALL DAY shooters if I want.
I cracks me up when I read a WTS ad for a .500 S&W gun and the ad says, 'Fired only twice'.
Sorry - I am just TOO practical when it comes to guns.

Who says all guns have to be practical?

I'd chalk it up as a hell of a lot of fun gun.

Like my 3# single shot 12g was!

Yah, if you're wanting one that can stick around, get the one with the good personality... the hot flashy ones burn out pretty quickly, can be unstable, acting up from time to time. ;)

I had a 500S&W revolver. That thing was nuts. A lever carbine in 500 would be a hoot, but nearly 3 grand is a huge hunk of change. For those prices I'd dig up a 45-70.

The reason that its nuts is the reason I got mine. It's totally ridiculous, 10" barrel, 4x scope mounted on top, 700-grain bullets. Love it!

Yep! Mine was a 5" and I shot a lot of Sierra 400gr softpoints. The most serious thing I did was plink with it using pieces of round firewood chunks. It would toss a 8" round, 16" long chunk of wood around like shooting a tin can with a 22.
I describe the blast as standing close to a real M80.

Too much fun!

I had am h&r single shot in 500 sw ... The recoil broke lose blue locktight... So there is that ... And you could only shoot it 4 or 5 times ... Like total not in a row... Just total all together ... Honestly its easer to just set a $20 bill on fire then,it was to shoot that gun ... But i still kick my self,every day for sellimg the damn thing ...

I don't get it...

In a revolver I can see.

If you want a .50 rifle I can't see why a person wouldn't just get a 50bmg. Same price for the rifle and I'm guessing about the same price for ammo.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top