JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
+1 on lockbox cabled to a seatstay.

Can conceal box with a dark/black rubber mat (yoga mat works perfect). Looks like floor mat, still allows you ease of access.

If your floor mats are of a different color, find something similar to act as concealment.

The handgun should be of the largest caliber which you shoot well & can conceal well under most circumstances.

So I have an interesting concealed carry problem at work...

We don't allow firearms, period. I have to wear a uniform, always.
After work I often will go out to eat, stop at the grocery store, etc.
I'm thinking that I want a cheaper, small enough to carry, pistol to keep in my glove box/lock box in my truck for just such occasions that I can throw in my pants pocket and go to do whatever.

As I look around, I've had and shot Ruger Lcp's, Keltec p11 and p3at's. I'm kind of leaning towards a surplus pistol Like a CZ70 or a Makarov variant. The Makarov seems like the easy choice, but I like the feel and styling of the CZ70, I just don't know about using 32 ACP for a defensive cartridge.

What's everyones thoughts?
I would never put a pistol with my insurance and car registration together in the glove box. The reasons is if you get stop by police and say you forgot to informed him you have a pistol in the glove compartment. Image what he would do when you open up the box and the pistol laying there. You're asking for a lot of troubles. I always keep them separated just to be safe for everyone.

I would never put a pistol with my insurance and car registration together in the glove box. The reasons is if you get stop by police and say you forgot to informed him you have a pistol in the glove compartment. Image what he would do when you open up the box and the pistol laying there. You're asking for a lot of troubles. I always keep them separated just to be safe for everyone.

That's why I keep all that info somewhere other then a box and in a little folder I can hand the officer. Probably solved;)

I do the same thing! The thing I need to do better at is putting my wallet in the console or on my dash so I am not digging it out of my back pocket when I get pulled over. :confused:

Yah. Haven't been pulled over in years...knock on wood. Likely overdue..

Edit: zipped by a trooper while headed south last week at 76MPH...I pulled the "mia culpa" facial expression while decelerating. Absolutely surprised he didn't pull out. Musta been tied up with paperwork...

SCCY CPX-2 (or -1 if you want a safety).

9mm

10+1

Stainless barrel and slide

Florida made

No questions warrenty

About $200 out of the door at most places.

900+ rounds out of mine and only one FTE after 350 rounds to see how it did when dirty.

+1 on the SCCY. Very controllable small pistol, reliable, made in the USA, lifetime warranty. Good gun for not a lot of $$

Or under a trench coat in the winter? Like a AR9 pistol! :p:D

AR on the right, Shockwave on the left! Draw yew varmints! :D

I use the beefiest forged and case hardened chain and lock that Kryptonite makes, through two different seat frames in/under my trucks back seat. The seats lift so it's easy to use but hard to get to with a tool! It is completely invisible when the seats are down and has the added advantage of locking down a handgun, shotgun or rifle!

Oops! PS, I have one of the best alarm systems made in the truck!

Last Edited:
Personally, I'm not sure why someone would want this. I would never want to bet my life or the lives of my family on a .32...or even a .380. YMMV. But 9mm is the absolute smallest that I want to fight with. There's plenty of rigs out there that can be thrown on quickly. Untuck the uniform shirt, throw a holstered 9mm on underneath it, good to go.

Example: JM Custom Kydex AIWB-WC holster with soft loops can be put on in under 30 seconds, even sitting in the front seat of a car.

Why? I have a permit for it!

When I'm out and armed, the fact that I am armed is the uppermost thing on my mind! Hardly going to forget to tell a LEO
that I'm armed!

The only thing I would add here is that since the frame on my Ruger cracked and Ruger refuses to replace it, even though it is obvious that it is a material defect, I will never spend any more money on Ruger pistols. Their warranty is worthless.

I used to have a P938 BRG MICRO-COMPACT; it was a great pocket pistol. I would have it now, but due to bad hands (mine), I couldn't hold it well enough. But I like the 1911 similarities and carried an extra mag. It has a rubberized grip that is shaped for holding potential. You might look at one. I do agree 9mm is the low end on size for cc. Good luck

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top