JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
+1 on lockbox cabled to a seatstay.

Can conceal box with a dark/black rubber mat (yoga mat works perfect). Looks like floor mat, still allows you ease of access.

If your floor mats are of a different color, find something similar to act as concealment.

The handgun should be of the largest caliber which you shoot well & can conceal well under most circumstances.

So I have an interesting concealed carry problem at work...

We don't allow firearms, period. I have to wear a uniform, always.
After work I often will go out to eat, stop at the grocery store, etc.
I'm thinking that I want a cheaper, small enough to carry, pistol to keep in my glove box/lock box in my truck for just such occasions that I can throw in my pants pocket and go to do whatever.

As I look around, I've had and shot Ruger Lcp's, Keltec p11 and p3at's. I'm kind of leaning towards a surplus pistol Like a CZ70 or a Makarov variant. The Makarov seems like the easy choice, but I like the feel and styling of the CZ70, I just don't know about using 32 ACP for a defensive cartridge.

What's everyones thoughts?
I would never put a pistol with my insurance and car registration together in the glove box. The reasons is if you get stop by police and say you forgot to informed him you have a pistol in the glove compartment. Image what he would do when you open up the box and the pistol laying there. You're asking for a lot of troubles. I always keep them separated just to be safe for everyone.

I would never put a pistol with my insurance and car registration together in the glove box. The reasons is if you get stop by police and say you forgot to informed him you have a pistol in the glove compartment. Image what he would do when you open up the box and the pistol laying there. You're asking for a lot of troubles. I always keep them separated just to be safe for everyone.

That's why I keep all that info somewhere other then a box and in a little folder I can hand the officer. Probably solved;)

I do the same thing! The thing I need to do better at is putting my wallet in the console or on my dash so I am not digging it out of my back pocket when I get pulled over. :confused:

Yah. Haven't been pulled over in years...knock on wood. Likely overdue..

Edit: zipped by a trooper while headed south last week at 76MPH...I pulled the "mia culpa" facial expression while decelerating. Absolutely surprised he didn't pull out. Musta been tied up with paperwork...

SCCY CPX-2 (or -1 if you want a safety).

9mm

10+1

Stainless barrel and slide

Florida made

No questions warrenty

About $200 out of the door at most places.

900+ rounds out of mine and only one FTE after 350 rounds to see how it did when dirty.

+1 on the SCCY. Very controllable small pistol, reliable, made in the USA, lifetime warranty. Good gun for not a lot of $$

Or under a trench coat in the winter? Like a AR9 pistol! :p:D

AR on the right, Shockwave on the left! Draw yew varmints! :D

I use the beefiest forged and case hardened chain and lock that Kryptonite makes, through two different seat frames in/under my trucks back seat. The seats lift so it's easy to use but hard to get to with a tool! It is completely invisible when the seats are down and has the added advantage of locking down a handgun, shotgun or rifle!

Oops! PS, I have one of the best alarm systems made in the truck!

Last Edited:
Personally, I'm not sure why someone would want this. I would never want to bet my life or the lives of my family on a .32...or even a .380. YMMV. But 9mm is the absolute smallest that I want to fight with. There's plenty of rigs out there that can be thrown on quickly. Untuck the uniform shirt, throw a holstered 9mm on underneath it, good to go.

Example: JM Custom Kydex AIWB-WC holster with soft loops can be put on in under 30 seconds, even sitting in the front seat of a car.

Why? I have a permit for it!

When I'm out and armed, the fact that I am armed is the uppermost thing on my mind! Hardly going to forget to tell a LEO
that I'm armed!

The only thing I would add here is that since the frame on my Ruger cracked and Ruger refuses to replace it, even though it is obvious that it is a material defect, I will never spend any more money on Ruger pistols. Their warranty is worthless.

I used to have a P938 BRG MICRO-COMPACT; it was a great pocket pistol. I would have it now, but due to bad hands (mine), I couldn't hold it well enough. But I like the 1911 similarities and carried an extra mag. It has a rubberized grip that is shaped for holding potential. You might look at one. I do agree 9mm is the low end on size for cc. Good luck

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top