JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To keep holding down the trigger after firing seems very unnatural and for the life of me can't figure out why one would keep holding down the trigger and re-rack the slide in an everyday setting? Maybe i'm just confused!? :s0092:
Doing it with an unloaded firearm is a standard way to test the disconnector and sear in a semi auto trigger mechanism. It mimics the cycling of the slide that normally happens when you pull the trigger on a live round.

Sounds like this is a trigger reset and not a striker fall.
The Glock striker spring is approx 70% charged when in battery.
The remaining 30% is charged on the trigger press.

I don't think it's possible for a striker fall to occur as described in Post #1

I don't think it's possible for a striker fall to occur as described in Post #1
Its not only possible its not uncommon in modified or custom built Glocks... typically when people try to make the trigger better. If the gun hasnt been modified then I could be wrong, only in the OPs case though.

Sadly I won't allow me to up load the video, the only thing I can gather is the firing pin has had to much material removed, new one is on order will be here Thursday
if someones modified the firing pin its very likely they've modified other parts. Parts to look at are the trigger bar and disconnector. You will need a Glock inspection plate to check proper sear engagement with the new pin. Odds are the also modified the trigger bar.

2 of the 3 Glock safeties would have to fail at the same time.
Nope. This doesn't have to do with the trigger dongle or firing pin block. When you fire a Glock platform the finger is still depressing the trigger before reset. Those safties are moot at this point, when it drops the firing pin during reset when the chamber is loaded.
I admit Im learning this, but this is something Ive seen myself. Someone correct me if Im wrong.
vid of it happening to someone else. Note: I cant say Id fix it by bending the crucible..

It's a fairly common problem, someone probably put in a minus connector or modified it to lower pull weight. Putting in a standard oem connector fixed it for me on my gen 3 P80 build. There's not enough sear engagement so it drops it on the reset.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top