JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a glock gen 2 19, my question is I've checked all the safeties and they seem to all be working properly. Now when I rack the slide back and dry fire the pistol it functions, however if I hold the trigger down and rack the slide again, when I release the trigger the firing pin drops again. This concerns me that the pistol would fire again after the first shot when i release the trigger. Any suggestions 🤔

Is it the firing pin dropping or the trigger resetting? Cause there is a huge difference.

No I haven't, I have manipulated my other striker fire pistols, and if I rack the slide while holding down the trigger, when i release the trigger it resets itself and the firing pin doesn't drop. When I simulate this with the glock as the trigger starts to reset the firing pin drops and the trigger does not reset, however if I rack the slide then pull the trigger the firing pin drops, then release the trigger and rack the slide without holding trigger down, the trigger resets and the firing pin does not drop.

I think it is Impossible for a Glock to do as you describe. When you pull the trigger you cock the striker and cam the trigger bar down to release the striker. You have to release the trigger to reset the disconnector or it will not cam down to release the striker. When you release the trigger, the click is the disconnector resetting, not the striker releasing.

you can check with a pencil or some such thing in the barrel if what you are hearing / feeling is actually the firing pin going forward.

i would be very surprised if it was.

otherwise, is a binary trigger available / legal for the G19? is that a knock i hear at your door?

I think it is Impossible for a Glock to do as you describe. When you pull the trigger you cock the striker and cam the trigger bar down to release the striker. You have to release the trigger to reset the disconnector or it will not cam down to release the striker. When you release the trigger, the click is the disconnector resetting, not the striker releasing.
I was thinking the same thing. The striker is never in a "cocked" position. That's why striker fired guns have "mushy" feeling triggers for the most part.

Does it say G18 or G19? or Franklin Armory?

Seriously, you may wish to have an Glock armorer take a peek.

Where did you acquire from? If the previous owners are tinkerers and the innards don't look stock, then you may have a extra-functional firearm.

As with any semi auto that is new to you, make sure to first test with a single round, next with two rounds. Just be ready in case it does "double". That should clear up the question.

Put pencil in barrel. Striker WILL hit it and fling it out with force.

My guess is you are hearing the RESET not the striker going forward. The reset on Glocks is quite loud.

I could be wrong, but the pencil trick will verify.

I have ran into issue in the past. Where the trigger gets hung up or won't reset due to a worn safety plunger. I'd look for any abnormal wear. Strip all the internals and look at each one. I've never ran into the issue you're describing though.

If you are in no rush and it is all factory, wait until GSSF match is held at Dundee June 11-12. Take to the Glock armorer there and they will inspect and replace any parts that are worn.

To keep holding down the trigger after firing seems very unnatural and for the life of me can't figure out why one would keep holding down the trigger and re-rack the slide in an everyday setting? Maybe i'm just confused!? :s0092:

Okay just ran over to a friend's an did some troubleshooting with his and found that the issue I'm experiencing goes away when I used his firing pin assembly in my slide, so thru process of elimination just going to order a replacement firing pin

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads