JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody know where I can get the Blackjack Uzi Buffers 3-pack besides Red Star Arms? The Red Star Arms website is very old. I emailed them and got no response to my questions. Not about to input my cc info on a website from 1997 unless I know its real.

I want to experiment with different buffer lengths to see if I can make my semi-auto McKay gun run more reliably. It currently stovepipes every 5th or 6th round. I thought by using a shorter buffer and slowing things down it might help with reliable ejection. The buffer it currently has is 1-3/4" long, typical for a semi-auto gun. The Blackjack set has three different lengths, stepping down 1/4" starting at 1-1/4".

FWIW I've tried 115 gr and 124 gr ammo w/ the same stovepipe effect. The top cover gap is on the lower end of acceptable using a feeler gauge. I notice this gap improves when I remove the buffer. So I had the idea to try different buffers before I go beating the top cover with a mallet, which seems like a highly unscientific way of fixing an expensive toy.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help.

Hello-

Midway carries some. Another company called Power Customs(?) carries them.

I think Midway carries a really thin one for FA guns. The other outfit has the thicker ones for SA guns (which you could trim down to suit).

Both sites mention they are Black Jack products, so Black Jack is probably still in business. Having said that, I'd go with one of the two I've mentioned.

An interesting note- I knew people in years past that would put the full thickness SA buffers into FA open bolt guns to speed up the cyclic rate.

It worked 😉

Good luck & best regards.

WMB

It seems like Power Customs and Red Star Arms may be the same company (?)

I'm going to call them today and see what's going on. There are a lot of fake websites out there, e.g., there is a well-known fake Armalite website that has scammed a lot of people.

Are you using store bought ammo.? They only like round nose and the heavy
load ammo works better,
Yes, just ball ammo. 124gr and 115gr. Since mine was built as a semi-auto gun it seems like it should handle it. But I don't know.. Every new platform has its own sets of quirks. Makes you appreciate how easy and good at everything the AR15 is.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top