JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glock is so large because they were great at marketing. They are the Apple computer of handguns.
Great enough that even thier advertising sells... I bought this poster for $10 the other day. "This is my Glock" with Gunny is a brilliant play on the Riflemans Creed and Full Metal Jacket... IMG_2343.JPG

My first handgun was a da revolver. A 357 Dan Wesson.
Me too! I'll never get rid of it either... I was a die hard wheel gun guy until I went shooting with the guy from my LGS. I tried his G17 believing I would hate it, but I fell in love. still took a couple more years before I actually bought one, I didn't get my first Glock until just last year.

My DW that doesn't get near as much action as it did before I became a "Glock guy". Mostly because 9mm is so much cheaper to shoot. Still love it though
IMG_1854.JPG

I'm sportin' a G43 in a strong-side cargo pocket configured thusly... works sweetly.

View attachment 380629

When I holster my G19.4, G30.3, or G43 I ALWAYS wedge my index finger between the back of the trigger and the guard thusly... end of "snagging" AD's. BTW- the trigger shoe safety is called, "the dingus". :rolleyes:

View attachment 380630

Yeah, my G43 is a tad dusty today, but it's a Glock... it'll work.

Class dismissed.... NEXT!! o_O

:D

Your dingus looks kind of small :rolleyes:

Like anything , you must know your gun and its operation if you want to use it safely.

No matter what safety the gun comes with it is always best to :
Check and clear every gun you handle.
Always keep your finger off the trigger ... until you are ready to shoot.
Keep your muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
When these safeties are not followed it does not matter too much just what mechanical safety your gun has...Because that means that the shooter is not safe with the gun. ( Maybe not safe with anything )

I am not a fan of the Glock or its "Safe Action Trigger."
Not that there is anything wrong a Glock ... Just not my style of pistol.
As for the "Safe Action Trigger" .. I think it was a sales ploy / term / name to sell a new gun to a new market.
I do think that in our sue happy world if the Glock was and its "Safe Action Trigger" were indeed a unsafe design ... it wouldn't be around any more.
Andy

Me too! I'll never get rid of it either... I was a die hard wheel gun guy until I went shooting with the guy from my LGS. I tried his G17 believing I would hate it, but I fell in love. still took a couple more years before I actually bought one, I didn't get my first Glock until just last year.

My DW that doesn't get near as much action as it did before I became a "Glock guy". Mostly because 9mm is so much cheaper to shoot. Still love it though
View attachment 380792

I should have mentioned I was around 15 when I had my Dan Wesson. An age the things like triggers make an impression on you. It was usually in my truck with me loaded in the glove box. Shot a lot of .38 specials that I reloaded on a Lee Loader. I miss it but I'm down to one wheelgun now. I always felt it had a safe trigger though.

I do think that in our sue happy world if the Glock was and its "Safe Action Trigger" were indeed a unsafe design ... it wouldn't be around any more.
Andy

Plenty of folks have shot themselves reholstering Glocks. You gotta keep your boogerhook off the trigger when reholstering Glocks. Or you'll be pickin' a bullet out of your leg or even worse... your pelvis. If you appendix carry it might be a good idea to not keep one in the chamber n' just train to rack the slide before firing.

I did say keep your finger off the trigger in my post that you partly quoted...
That may help in keeping from shooting yourself as you re-holster...:eek::D
Andy
Plenty of folks have shot themselves reholstering Glocks. You gotta keep your boogerhook off the trigger when reholstering Glocks. Or you'll be pickin' a bullet out of your leg or even worse... your pelvis. If you appendix carry it might be a good idea to not keep one in the chamber n' just train to rack the slide before firing.

Perhaps my posts have been unclear.... Maybe this is better:
If someone is unsafe in gun handling , it does not matter what mechanical safety their gun has...they are still unsafe.
Andy
*Edit to add:
To change "you" to "they" or "their".
I was not saying anyone here was unsafe....:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Nope. Not misreading. I didn't say I was unsafe. Very few people can claim to be accident proof. You're only fooling yourself if you think you're foolproof. Stuff happens when adrenaline is pumping. Take heed or be stupid, your choice. But to claim Glocks are perfect or safe is far from the truth. The only safe semi auto for appendix carry is a DA/SA. And DA/SA isn't all that safe but it is safer than a light DAO or SA. Reholstering a DA/SA after the 1st shot has been fired is just as dangerous as a Glock.

Last Edited:
Please reread my post which you partly quoted (#46)
In it you will see that I never said Glocks are perfect or that I am fool proof.
Nor did I call you unsafe

We are having a "failure to communicate" moment ...
Andy
Nope. Not misreading. I didn't say I was unsafe. Very few people can claim to be accident proof. You're only fooling yourself if you think you're foolproof. Stuff happens when adrenaline is pumping. Take heed or be stupid, your choice. But to claim Glocks are perfect or safe is far from the truth. The only safe semi auto for appendix carry is a DA/SA.

*facepalm* You said if there was anything wrong with the "safe action trigger" it wouldn't have survived the sue happy world we live in. Sounds like you think the trigger is perfect or atleast what the name indicates. I'm pointing out that a DA/SA trigger would have prevented alot of accidental discharges when reholstering. I don't need to reread anything.

The title "Safe Action" is misleading. To call any trigger "safe" is asinine. Always treat a gun as if it were loaded. Basic gun handling rules.

Last Edited:

Plenty of people have shot themselves while reholstering period. Plenty of people are morons, what is your point?

In a high stress situation, even the most trained gun fighter can fumble. If you wanna appendix carry a Glock and think there's no chance of having an oops, have at it. But don't say I didn't warn ya. Appendix carry is serious business.

I've managed (along with many, many others) to handled it for over a decade without an issue with a round in the chamber.

For the record I do not like the Glock pistol , think it is perfect or care for the "Safe Action Trigger".

I stand by my statement that if someone has unsafe gun handling practices ... they will be unsafe no matter what gun they have or safety it uses

Since I can not make myself more clear to you , I will not respond to you any more in this matter.
Andy
*facepalm* You said if there was anything wrong with the "safe action trigger" it wouldn't have survived the sue happy world we live in. Sounds like you think the trigger is perfect or atleast what the name indicates. I'm pointing out that a DA/SA trigger would have prevented alot of accidental discharges when reholstering. I don't need to reread anything.

DA/SA triggers should be renamed 'Safer Action Triggers'. The title "Safe Action" is misleading. To call any trigger "safe" is asinine. Always treat a gun as if it were loaded. Basic gun handling rules.

Plenty of people have shot themselves while reholstering period. Plenty of people are morons, what is your point?

I've managed (along with many, many others) to handled it for over a decade without an issue with a round in the chamber.

My point is.. if you have a wife or girlfriend and you want her to not shoot herself... giving her a "safe action" Glock isn't the wisest move. Good for you if you think you're foolproof but I highly doubt you are. And by the tone you're taking I can tell you've never had to pull a gun on someone in a high stress situation.

My point is.. if you have a wife or girlfriend and you want her to not shoot herself... giving her a "safe action" Glock isn't the wisest move. Good for you if you think you're foolproof but I highly doubt you are. And by the tone you're taking I can tell you've never had to pull a gun on someone in a high stress situation.

Would a daughter count? She carries AIWB too. And you'd be wrong on all counts, but feel free to carry on with your tirade.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top