JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok so let's look at SAFE ACTION here's where the brain washing begins.

safe
sāf/
adjective
  1. 1.
    protected from or not exposed to danger or risk; not likely to be harmed or lost.
  2. uninjured; with no harm done.
ac·tion
ˈakSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. the fact or process of doing something, typically to achieve an aim.
    "he vowed to take tougher action against persistent offenders"
    synonyms: measures, steps, activity, movement, work, operation
    "the need for local community action"
    • armed conflict.
      plural noun: actions
SAFE Protected from or not exposed to risk or danger.
ACTION. Movement.

I don't buy it anymore than the perfection part. But that's just me.

Not sure why I'm stuck in bold :confused: They do make a good pistol. I won't argue that. Just not for everyone.:)

Last Edited:
Back to the subject... well kinda... I've been pocket carrying my LCP2 with one in the chamber since I got it. The only safety is the trigger safety similar to glock. This thread got me thinking, and I did some digging on the LCP 2s safety. I found a post where sombody emailed ruger about it and got this response:

" . . . if you chamber a round then yes the pistol is fully cocked. We do not recommend that you keep a round in the chamber since with any firearm if dropped it may discharge (please refer to page 14 in the owner's manual). The inner trigger on the LCP II is a safety feature we offer, which means that it has to be depressed before you can pull the outer trigger to fire the pistol. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Like a 1911 it has a fire pin spring, but no fire pin block. This kinda irks me a little. why design a brand new pocket carry gun with the ability to hold 6+1, and not make it safe to +1? I love the gun, but -1 round and minus the ability to carry ready to rock is a big killjoy. I'm gunna have to trade it in for a g42 or g43 i'm thinking:(.. a little bulkier, but at least they have a block.

Or... is it safe as any, and this just a case of Ruger covering thier #$$?

Back to the subject... well kinda... I've been pocket carrying my LCP2 with one in the chamber since I got it. The only safety is the trigger safety similar to glock. This thread got me thinking, and I did some digging on the LCP 2s safety. I found a post where sombody emailed ruger about it and got this response:

" . . . if you chamber a round then yes the pistol is fully cocked. We do not recommend that you keep a round in the chamber since with any firearm if dropped it may discharge (please refer to page 14 in the owner's manual). The inner trigger on the LCP II is a safety feature we offer, which means that it has to be depressed before you can pull the outer trigger to fire the pistol. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Like a 1911 it has a fire pin spring, but no fire pin block. This kinda irks me a little. why design a brand new pocket carry gun with the ability to hold 6+1, and not make it safe to +1? I love the gun, but -1 round and minus the ability to carry ready to rock is a big killjoy. I'm gunna have to trade it in for a g42 or g43 i'm thinking:(.. a little bulkier, but at least they have a block.

Does it have a firing pin block? If the manufacturer cant design something they can suggest to carry chambered I would buy something else.

I used to work underground construction. I spent many a day laying pipe... into manholes no lesso_O

I worked at Northwest Pipe for 6 years. I did layout and fitting of outlets, manways, elbows, tangents ect. Most likely made your pipe. A bunch of x-ray quality welds required. Kept a guy employed. But dam hard work.

Some people including myself prefer the trigger on the early version for a pocket gun. It's not a target pistol as you know.

Some people including myself prefer the trigger on the early version for a pocket gun. It's not a target pistol as you know.
It is surprisingly fun to shoot though, thanks to the improved trigger and better sights, and more ergonomic grip. It's way better looking too. I even put orange paint on my front sight to make it even better... My father has one too and on occasion when I feel like wasting 14 I'll duel wield and dump them both at the same time...:s0108:.
The original LCP didn't have a block either. Otherwise the LCP custom would be my next option.. it has great sights and an improved trigger. Advantage Kel-Tec P3AT... it does, as does the M&P bodyguard, and the single stack glocks. What was ruger thinking?
Check the classifieds if you're in the market for an LCP2..Maybe IDK;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top