JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sportin' a G43 in a strong-side cargo pocket configured thusly... works sweetly.

IMG_4460.JPG

When I holster my G19.4, G30.3, or G43 I ALWAYS wedge my index finger between the back of the trigger and the guard thusly... end of "snagging" AD's. BTW- the trigger shoe safety is called, "the dingus". :rolleyes:

IMG_4461.JPG

Yeah, my G43 is a tad dusty today, but it's a Glock... it'll work.

Class dismissed.... NEXT!! o_O

:D

I'm sportin' a G43 in a strong-side cargo pocket configured thusly... works sweetly.

View attachment 380629

When I holster my G19.4, G30.3, or G43 I ALWAYS wedge my index finger between the back of the trigger and the guard thusly... end of "snagging" AD's. BTW- the trigger shoe safety is called, "the dingus". :rolleyes:

View attachment 380630

Yeah, my G43 is a tad dusty today, but it's a Glock... it'll work.

Class dismissed.... NEXT!! o_O

:D

Ya but yours isn't a USA built one, it's one of the originals built by Aborigines. :D

Striker fired guns are safer, in my opinion, than SA or cocked DA/SA guns because there is no hammer that's a mechanical failure from dropping. The striker spring has to be compressed to propel the striker. This takes a more concerted effort.

Ive carried the Sig P220, HK USP, Glock 22, and M&P on duty. All have benefits and drawbacks. I've never shot as well in terms of raw accuracy with striker fired guns. However, in a practical sense, they are my gun of choice for your average shooter.

I wasn't going for a personal attack except to say I think you are glossing over the safety of the Glock action and now you're endorsing it as a sufficiently safe mode of carry.

I would disagree with you and say one should express that they've accepted less safety for easier use. I can understand that.

I think there have been a lot more cases than one of a LEO NDing their firearm while holding it on a suspect. I am too lazy to look up stats, and most web searches return crazy emotional rants over how training is the answer.

Yah well, tho you deny it, it's personal when you use "YOU" in a sentence full of criticism. Or when you say "you should" and "you've accepted". Personally, I would prefer that all people delete such terms as should, must, never, always, etc, from their communication.

Not to be too emotional about it but I follow news closely, and tho I can't be everywhere on every channel or .com, but the one case is all I can recall hearing of. Trigger discipline is the answer, LEOs either have it or they are f'ing up. Not the fault of the design that somebody is used to putting a finger on the trigger before they are ready to shoot. Staging the trigger like one might do in competition IMO is baaaaaad.

The Four Rules
  1. All guns are always loaded. (Treat them so!)
  2. Never point the gun at anything you are not willing to destroy.
  3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you have made the decision to shoot.
  4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
    (Emphasis is mine)
Regarding #2... ever heard of low ready?

Striker fired guns are safer, in my opinion, than SA or cocked DA/SA guns because there is no hammer that's a mechanical failure from dropping. The striker spring has to be compressed to propel the striker. This takes a more concerted effort.

Ive carried the Sig P220, HK USP, Glock 22, and M&P on duty. All have benefits and drawbacks. I've never shot as well in terms of raw accuracy with striker fired guns. However, in a practical sense, they are my gun of choice for your average shooter.

Agree with the accuracy drawback compared to a 1911. However, it is interesting that Colt felt it necessary to modify the 1911 design on the Series 80 to include a "firing pin" safety to help prevent AD from a drop onto a hard surface. Remember what I wrote about the miniscule interface between the manual safety and the sear? Well the grip safety on a 1911 has a similarly small surface. IMO "cocked and locked" is not near as safe a form of carry as striker fired. But the Series 80 was very unpopular.

There is a huge difference in the force and trigger movement required to fire a Glock compared to a DA revolver or SA/DA pistol in DA mode. The chances of a Glock firing due to a snagged trigger are far greater than with revolvers or SA/DA autos in DA mode, or even 1911's locked and cocked. A light squeeze on a Glock trigger and it is going off, and nothing is going to change or prevent that.

Yes, I know, you are all careful, safe, and very familiar with your Glocks and it's not going to happen to you. Do you never make a mistake? What about your friend or the guy next to you?

There is a risk using Glocks (or other similar striker fired pistols) which I'm not going to debate. Most police departments seemed to accept it. Glocks are cheap and reliable, so what's not to like for law enforcement?

BTW in my non-expert opinion a lot more AD's have occurred that we never here about. If no one is injured it's not the sort of thing you want to make public.

A thread created on my behalf, im honored. Just stumbled upon this...

All I got to put on this table is my opinion. I have nothing against Glocks, they are good guns.

I dont think the trigger safety is all that, I think it was a marketing ploy when they introduced the gun because it would have never sold with no physical operated safety. The whole reason Glocks became so popular is because they are easier to use, and they ran with that by leaving out a mechanical safety. My opinion isnt about a person accidentally discharging the gun, for that the safety is between the ears. Although its worth noting Glock has settled lawsuits against NDs.

The trigger safety does not prevent the gun from firing if something gets caught up in the trigger guard and depresses the trigger. Thats what I dont like about the design.

People are sold on the Glocks safety that the gun will never fire unless your finger is on the trigger and thats not true.

I dont disagree with you 100% but I would say regarding the above statement, this is mainly due to the longevity of Glocks models.

To me the success of Glock seems to have been how they work. With some rare exceptions they just are well known work horses. I have often said I am a die hard 1911 guy. I would never consider grabbing up a new one and caring it for protection. Now if I had to run into a store and grab a hand gun because all hell was breaking loose? I would go past the 1911's and grab a Glock. There is of course some that new need "something" to work but I don't remember ever seeing one. I have seen one break that was being used a lot. I can't remember ever seeing one taken out of the box and not working from the first round. I sure as hell can't say that for 1911's which I LOVE hands down. This still will not see me owning a Glock for myself unless it was some too good to pass up deal. I know better than to pretend they are some kind of fad.
Not to get into a PC vs Apple thing but. I have never owned an Apple because I don't want to learn. First learned on a PC. Had zero interest in learning how to make one work. I saw the net one day loved the idea. I wanted to turn it on and play. Every time a family member buys a Mac it's a big learning curve. They ask me and I am normally at a loss after a while. When it comes to a gun it's the same. I want to load it and shoot. Glock sure has that going for it.

In the old days they made "pocket guns" that were pretty much safe to carry in a .. wait for it.. pocket. magic times
edit add, whatever you do, don't carry a Glock in your pocket without a good holster. ie it's not a pocket gun at all

This is what has had me a few times looking at one of the sub compact Glocks but with an external safety added. I have long carried coat pocket here when weather was ready. For a long time I always had a .38 5 shooter for this. After one went with one kid who was striking out on her own I tried a Kel-Tec 9mm and loved it for this. Still have that gun after all these years. I liked some of the real small Glocks but of course carry in a pocket was not going to happen unless I carried with an empty chamber so never got around to buying one. Everything seems to be a trade off. :)

Agree with the accuracy drawback compared to a 1911. However, it is interesting that Colt felt it necessary to modify the 1911 design on the Series 80 to include a "firing pin" safety to help prevent AD from a drop onto a hard surface. Remember what I wrote about the miniscule interface between the manual safety and the sear? Well the grip safety on a 1911 has a similarly small surface. IMO "cocked and locked" is not near as safe a form of carry as striker fired. But the Series 80 was very unpopular.

The pin block was a lawyer block. It was the only reason they "felt" they needed this. Just like mag disconnects. It's all about trying to keep lawyers at arms length

how does it compare in size to all the interfaces of the Glock Safe Action mechanisms? The 1911 has been a very reliable gun for well over 100 years. The size of the interfaces is not relative to their function.... Also the 1911 has a half cock, for this reason. I agree a Glock is safer from muzzle impact than a "series 70" style 1911.

.IIRC the ADs were before the LEO agencies were smart enough to require their cops to use a full holster that covers the entire trigger area so shirts, sticks, etc, cannot pull the trigger..
yeabut wtf? You made seven statements and had four question marks in your post.

upload_2017-8-1_23-52-28.jpeg

dood, calm down

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews