JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know a G19 frame is the same as a G44 dimensionally and the G44 slide weighs less than the 9mm but
what parts are different? I mean the recoil spring and barrel but besides that what would be different.
I'm also curious about a 3d printed slide, if it was used for 22lr as opposed to 9mm.
My end goal is to convert a g19 gen3 to a g44..or try at least.
Thank you for your help.

I think a better question is what parts are interchangeable.

From experience (when I was bored) swapping G19 MOS Gen 5 parts into a G44 and shooting .22lr, ,these are swappable:
  • Frame
  • Trigger assembly & parts EXCEPT ejector (G performance trigger functions fine)
  • Magazine catch & spring
  • Slide release
  • Trigger pin & trigger assembly pin
  • slide lock
  • Back straps
  • plastic sights
Specifically not interchangeable from a "fit" perspective:
  • barrel
  • rear slide plate
  • Strike safety plunger
Everything else are non interchangeable parts for "function" reasons including the striker assembly, extractor, & magazines. Safety & warranty are another issue. I don"t know about Gen 3 to Gen 5 parts compatibility.

Just buy both. It's nice to have a dedicated 22lr. And the fact that it's a Gen3 and the G44 is Gen5 parts I don't know the compatibility. Maybe they sell a .22lr slide and you can just change it out but IMO nice to have both.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top