JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, but the days of "real" P80s (as in 80% frames) are over. Which is dumb, because completing the 80% frame is half the fun.
I think theres still a few places still selling them?
Thats another subject though, I was just sharing as an option to modify a gun all one wants... I dont see the logic in modifying a working gun with a well known reputation for functioning. But it is fun to build from zero, the P80 frames were a great deal.

I've built a couple of P80 Glock clones, as was well as purchased and pieced together a serialized P80 frame.

My experience was that with the serialized frame (with milling and drilling done at the factory) the lower parts kit just "fell together" - easy peasy.

The P80 frames that I milled and drilled are a different story :confused:. Tough to fit the locking block and rear rail assembly. Definitely a PIA. Not a fall together operation. For all intents and purposes the LPK dropped-in pretty easy and was not a problem. But milling and drilling and fitting the locking block and rear rails was not a fun ride.

For the price of a serialized P80 frame, I'd be tempted to spend the extra $ and get a OEM Glock frame and build and experiment from there. Problem is that they're harder to find in stock, even these days.

But.... the $$ saved from getting a P80 serialized frame instead of an OEM frame can go fair way toward purchasing some of those mod parts that a person might be looking for.

FWIW - my Glocks that serve as EDC or home defense receive only two mods. 1.) 8 lb OEM trigger connector to increase the trigger pull weight; and 2.) front tritium/orange sight with rear black/serrated sight (old eyes need that extra bright front sight).

Cheers.

But.... the $$ saved from getting a P80 serialized frame instead of an OEM frame can go fair way toward purchasing some of those mod parts that a person might be looking for.
That was why I shared the sale. And not just a 100% serialized frame but a completed frame including trigger. All for $70 bucks.
from there buy any of the hundreds of Glock compatable slide assemblies ready for whatever optic or iron sight ones heart desires. I wouldnt mod a Glock, but would experiment all the way with a P80 frame. Pimp that MF out... :p

IMHO (mostly worthless I'm sure), your money would be better spent on training and ammunition to support that. Is a modified Glock going to shoot any more accurate at fighting pistol distances? From my perspective, it's a tool and I treat it as such to ensure reliability.

Just get a new slide they are cheap !
1678643374528.png

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany