JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am curious the thoughts on modifying ones Glock. Typically I am a purest and don't see much sense in modify what has been done well for decades. However, milling a slide for a red dot makes sense and seems to have been well substantiated. Where I am more in question is changing out the guide rod for a pure tungsten guide rod. Or using a pyramid trigger to reduce lbs. per squeeze and distance of stroke. Any thoughts constructive are much appreciated!

Lenny Magill is that you???

Before you start buying glockstore products, look for reviews from actual purchasers. And be ready for a long lead time.

For me, I have firearms to protect my loved ones. And if I ever have to use my tools in a self defense situation I'm probably never going to see it for a very long time. So I see modifying my firearms pointless. I feel that training, and getting familiar with your firearm far outweighs modding your glock. BUT I did add a wml on my g19 and that's the only mod I've added.

I am curious the thoughts on modifying ones Glock. Typically I am a purest and don't see much sense in modify what has been done well for decades. However, milling a slide for a red dot makes sense and seems to have been well substantiated. Where I am more in question is changing out the guide rod for a pure tungsten guide rod. Or using a pyramid trigger to reduce lbs. per squeeze and distance of stroke. Any thoughts constructive are much appreciated!
An aftermarket slide for a Glock is not horribly expensive. If I were to go the optics mount option, I would just get a second slide for it and avoid making a permanent modification to the stock slide. This is especially worth considering if you've never tried shooting a red dot on a pistol - it takes practice and definitely isn't for everyone.

The real question is, what is this gun for? If it's a range toy or competition gun, have fun with it and mod to your heart's content. If it's a defensive tool, you'll want to ensure all mods are reliable and probably best to avoid going too light on the trigger pull. Also bear in mind that if you use your gun in self defense a prosecutor could try to argue that you intended to make your gun "more killy" or some nonsense like that. Not necessarily a reason to avoid mods, just something to be aware of.

Guide rod - keep it stock.
Trigger - keep it stock.

Unless it's just a range gun then go wild. If it's going to be a carry gun I leave all internals OEM.

As far as mods go….

Milling for a red dot.
Kagwerks slide stop.
Iron sights.
Surefire X300U.
Magwell.

Everything else is cosmetic. Slide cuts, stippling, fancy barrels etc.

Glocks are Legos. Build away.

That's enough for me to see that you've been hangin' out at Lenny Magill's Glock Store.

The tungsten guide rod is generally considered snake oil and a good way for Lenny to get into your wallet.
The OEM guide rods are hard to beat. They are inexpensive and intended to be changed out at the recommended interval.

I believe the Pyramid Trigger is a Glock Store brand and you rarely hear of it.

For a self-defense Glock, you really do not want to monkey with it.
For a range toy, there are some things you can do.

Connector : I like the OEM Minus (I don't like Ghost because I like a wall)
Firing Pin Spring : I use a 4lb Wolff Gunspings (OEM is 5.5lb)
Trigger : I like Overwatch TAC
Sights : Ameriglo Bold or Trijicon HDXR

I don't like messing with the trigger spring.
The 6lb trick kills reset quality.

not for $70 bucks though.

Why are the P80 days over?
I just Googled some genuine on sale for $64.99
P80 days of non-serialized frames are over.

So my point was, why monkey with a serialized P80 frame unless you really like those frames and how they go together.
Or maybe a genuine frame can't be found at reasonable cost.

I have done both.
A Glock frame just falls together.
A P80 frame requires some monkeying and some non-standard parts.

I just Googled some genuine on sale for $64.99
P80 days of non-serialized frames are over.

So my point was, why monkey with a serialized P80 frame unless you really like those frames and how they go together.
Or maybe a genuine frame can't be found at reasonable cost.

I have done both.
A Glock frame just falls together.
A P80 frame requires some monkeying and some non-standard parts.
really? do share... Ive only found them for around $150.

Ive only done one P80 frame and it just fell together, I dont see a difference other than the frame ergonomics.

1) Just Google "stripped Glock frame"
2) It did not "just fall together" LOL
best I find is a G26 for $70 bucks... I overlooked it because I dont want a G26.
lost me on the just falls together part. I dont see any difference in parts building on a 100% P80 frame, they all take Gen 3 Glock parts.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews