JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
BERETTA M9 MODIFICATIONS

Picked up a Beretta M9 22lr.
Same full size frame as the Beretta m9 9mm, except its a 15rd. 22lr platform. Didn't really want to buy another .22 and the FDE isn't my choice of colors, (they were out of pink), but the price was right, and I wanted another .22 for the range. I also recently watched a video with Paul Harrell using his, so thats, that.
I Ran 250 rds through it, no problems shoots great. I'll upgrade the guide rod to steel, grab some more mags and its good to go. Two things I want to change.
1. The grips, Just too light and plasticy feeling I want something with solid quality feel to them. You know when you touch a tool and your hands tell you thats a keeper.
2. The sights, they're fine, just want to upgrade to something with maybe a decent fiber optic front sight thats not too expensive, or maybe not, do you have a suggestion? ( no trijicon night sights, unless someone has a great hookup). I've looked around on the interwebs and whoremachines, I have some ideas.
Send some thoughts and opinions.
Thanx, Ghoul.

20210829_180751.jpg

Update, 9/14/21.
Got the Houge, looks pretty dapper, loves dust and dirt already, will see how she feels at the range in the A.M.
I found some sights I like I just don't want to pay $120.0, $140.0 for this pistol.
I have some fiber optic, I think Im gonna drill out the front sight and insert it myself.
I'll update when Thats done.
Thanks everyone who dropped their 2cents into the think tank.

20210914_190607.jpg

Update: 9.28.21
I really like the Houge grip my hands melt right into it, good call.
Still haven't delt with the front sight yet, I still plan to.
I threw a center dot on the rear sight and that has really helped with getting a 4" to 6" group on target at 50'.
TodayI added a rail from ncstar, the only metal one I could find for an M9, it seems to lock up tight, and threw a cheapo laser on it for som fun time.
I'll let ya'll know stability of the rail and update when I get a new front sight.
Overall this is a really fun gun, and would recomend it.

IMG_20210928_101657.jpg IMG_20210928_101239.jpg

Update: 9.28.21
I really like the Houge grip my hands melt right into it, good call.
Still haven't delt with the front sight yet, I still plan to.
I threw a center dot on the rear sight and that has really helped with getting a 4" to 6" group on target at 50'.
TodayI added a rail from ncstar, the only metal one I could find for an M9, it seems to lock up tight, and threw a cheapo laser on it for som fun time.
I'll let ya'll know stability of the rail and update when I get a new front sight.
Overall this is a really fun gun, and would recomend it.

View attachment 1040752 View attachment 1040753
My experience with NCStar products leads me to suggest that you replace that rail at your earliest convenience. I wouldn't want to count on anything of theirs on a carry weapon.

My experience with NCStar products leads me to suggest that you replace that rail at your earliest convenience. I wouldn't want to count on anything of theirs on a carry weapon.
I agree, NCstar is a mostly miss not hit company, I expect it to be a gimmick but for $25 I wanted to have a hands on opinion.
I'm sure it will find a home in my accessories graveyard, as I am an Iron sight guy.

UPDATE: 10/9/21,
Alright, got a factory front sight for $4+ (snagged another 15rd mag $30).
Drilled it out and installed some red fiber optic and looks gtg.
SS guide rod ($40) came in today.
With the Houge ($20+).
The NC Star rail, ($30+) I got is factory tight, no wiggle after 800+ rds.

20211009_160648.jpg 20211005_093535.jpg 20211005_093146.jpg 20211005_093132.jpg

UPDATE: 10/9/21,
Alright, got a factory front sight for $4+ (snagged another 15rd mag $30).
Drilled it out and installed some red fiber optic and looks gtg.
SS guide rod ($40) came in today.
With the Houge ($20+).
The NC Star rail, ($30+) I got is factory tight, no wiggle after 800+ rds.

View attachment 1047555 View attachment 1047556 View attachment 1047557 View attachment 1047558
Let us know how that sight works out. I may to have to try that. Or are you saying you've put 800 rounds through it with the new sight?

Let us know how that sight works out. I may to have to try that. Or are you saying you've put 800 rounds through it with the new sight?
UPDATE: 10/10/21
I ran 800rds. with the aftermaket rail not loosening, and it continues to be on solid.
I ran 500 rds. today no problems.
Sight was a pleasure to use,
I really noticed a difference in how quickly and accuratlly I was able to engage, recover, and maintain shot placement.
I'm very happy with the gun now.

UPDATE: 10/10/21
I ran 800rds. with the aftermaket rail not loosening, and it continues to be on solid.
I ran 500 rds. today no problems.
Sight was a pleasure to use,
I really noticed a difference in how quickly and accuratlly I was able to engage, recover, and maintain shot placement.
I'm very happy with the gun now.
Thanks for that! Do you have a brand of optic fiber that you recommend?

BERETTA M9 MODIFICATIONS

Picked up a Beretta M9 22lr.
Same full size frame as the Beretta m9 9mm, except its a 15rd. 22lr platform. Didn't really want to buy another .22 and the FDE isn't my choice of colors, (they were out of pink), but the price was right, and I wanted another .22 for the range. I also recently watched a video with Paul Harrell using his, so thats, that.
I Ran 250 rds through it, no problems shoots great. I'll upgrade the guide rod to steel, grab some more mags and its good to go. Two things I want to change.
1. The grips, Just too light and plasticy feeling I want something with solid quality feel to them. You know when you touch a tool and your hands tell you thats a keeper.
2. The sights, they're fine, just want to upgrade to something with maybe a decent fiber optic front sight thats not too expensive, or maybe not, do you have a suggestion? ( no trijicon night sights, unless someone has a great hookup). I've looked around on the interwebs and whoremachines, I have some ideas.
Send some thoughts and opinions.
Thanx, Ghoul.

View attachment 1021664
I've had good luck with lok grips on full size steel frame pistols (I don't own a 92). Feels solid in the hand. A gazillion colors and styles available. I like the feel of the high texture bogies or similar but everyone has different preferences. Customer service has been excellent Fwiw.

1ED72AB6-7B95-441E-B64F-28AB1D2631ED.jpeg

I've had good luck with lok grips on full size steel frame pistols (I don't own a 92). Feels solid in the hand. A gazillion colors and styles available. I like the feel of the high texture bogies or similar but everyone has different preferences. Customer service has been excellent Fwiw.

View attachment 1052280

I'm really digging the Houge grip right now, but still crave a pair of solid g10 grips.
Thanks for the link.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads