JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is a gen 3 21. 30 rounds through it and it looks like the barrel is scrached or scored? The marks are on the chamber end of the barrel and are around an inch and a half long. I thought it was carbon, but spent over an hour on it with the plastic bruch the gun came with and swabs, The barrel is wiping totally clean. Anyone have ant ideas?

Thanks,

Jason

20120716_100412-1.jpg

20120716_100504-2.jpg

20120716_100412-1.jpg

20120716_100504-2.jpg

Can't really see it in your photos. Glock barrels are cold hammer forged... so a flaw would be pretty rare.
Is it a groove in the metal, or a raised surface? It may just be some really hard carbon that has somehow stuck itself to the barrel.
Assuming it's just that, get yourself a really good carbon solvent and a brass bristle brush and give 'er another try before you call Glock.

Cheers,
C

Yeah, the pics are hard to see. The first one is the best. I was told to not use a brass brush on the glock barrel...not sure why, but this is my first glock and am learning the do's and dont's as I go.

Huh? :huh:
Under normal circumstances, you can't hurt a barrel with a brass brush... maybe with some of the weird crap that people might use to clean a barrel, but not a brush in and of itself.

If you're concerned, try some solvent with your nylon brush. Some solvents are kinda tough on nylon so read the label... but brushes are cheap, barrels are not.

Cheers,
C

As it's been mentioned before the pics are hard to tell anything and without further information I'll just say if it's not malfunctioning or causing malfunctions who cares? :s0092:

If it's running fine shoot it and don't worry.

How was the accuracy on those first 30 rounds? If there is some type of nick or scratch in the barrel, I would think that you would get some round impacts that are way off from your point of aim.

Thanks all. I have a bronze brush for it. Ill go to town with that tonight. The accuracy was great. I am very happy with how it shoots. Its kinda like a new truck right now...at first you dont eat or drink in it, but after 6 months your smoking cigars and hunting out of it. Im sure you all understand.

thanks again

Thanks all. I have a bronze brush for it. Ill go to town with that tonight. The accuracy was great. I am very happy with how it shoots. Its kinda like a new truck right now...at first you dont eat or drink in it, but after 6 months your smoking cigars and hunting out of it. Im sure you all understand.

thanks again

That's probably your best best...apply some solvent on it (let it set for a few minutes) and then start scrubbing away. My suggestion is to try to always scrub in the direction the bullet travels.

What I do is spray down the barrel with solvent first while I strip down and clean the rest of the firearm (whether it be pistol, rifle or shotgun) so it sits on it.

This is the stuff I use...

It sprays a foam all around the barrel so nothing is missed. After a few minutes I go to town with a bronze bore brush and then dry it out with a clean patch. I then will use a different solvent (depending on how bad the barrel still is) on a patch, wet down the barrel again with it and then scrub it again. I repeat this proccess until the dry patch is clean of carbon when it goes through. Lastly I take a bore snake and run it through to finish it off (this also removes the lint any patch leaves behind).

If the foam stuff doesn't do the trick I usually use <broken link removed>.

Hoppes 9 is one of the better solvents as well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top