JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am curious about this Colt Commander Model. It has a SN beginning in CJ, The Colt SN can't be found on Colt's list. I have read that it's for a A1 commander but this gun has no A1 roll marks. I am thinking about buying it but I'd like to know a bit about it first. Help me out please.

1698976254883.png
1698976285899.png
1698976313453.png

Looks like its for the 1991a1 series. I had thought those were marked as 1991a1 on the slide or frame.

The original 1991A1 roll mark was not popular on the early CJ serial numbers. The later ones dumped the large unsightly 1991A1 roll mark. There is a few for sale on GB some as high as CJ5#### serial numbers.

If you lock the slide back and look on the underside of the slide you can tell if it is a 1991 by the series 80 firing pin block round plunger. If there is a round hole there in the slide, someone removed the firing pin block.

The original 1991A1 roll mark was not popular on the early CJ serial numbers. The later ones dumped the large unsightly 1991A1 roll mark. There is a few for sale on GB some as high as CJ5#### serial numbers.
Thank you, What's a fair price for this gun?

The original 1991A1 roll mark was not popular on the early CJ serial numbers. The later ones dumped the large unsightly 1991A1 roll mark. There is a few for sale on GB some as high as CJ5#### seri
Thanks, Puzzle solved. Here's one for sale 5yrs ago

Thank you, What's a fair price for this gun?
I see three stainless near the same serial number have sold for just over $800 at auction. There is a few newer series 70's that have sold for barely more, so a series 80 should not go for more than that. I am not an expert on value of colts, pricing gets any high with some rare models that have no better features of common models.

The earlier models with the giant "COLT 1991A1 TM" rollmark may have more collectible value, since there's no way Colt's marketing division would think to re-release that awful design

It's at Tick Licker in Corvallis for $799. I'm going to pass on it. It's nice except for the idiot scratch but that's an easy fix.
That is a bit steep but it is a NICE looking pistol. The nice part about stainless is the scratches are far easier to fix. I never see a 1911 I don't want to buy. I could have enough of them to cover one wall and would still want one more :s0140:

The real question is, what is it worth to you? That's what it all boils down to. Where is your threshold for this particular firearm. What may be worth $800 to you may be worth $1,200 to the next guy.
Truth. When I read this I thought my personal threshold would be about $800, but figgered it "might" be worth a Grand.
It's at Tick Licker in Corvallis for $799. I'm going to pass on it. It's nice except for the idiot scratch but that's an easy fix.
I don't think that's unreasonable. I had a lightweight Commander that I sold for $700 8-10 years ago.
It would look better if it had the original grips.
(I agree)
You know how simple that is to remedy. :)

And if it is a Series 80, I'd remedy that, too!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top