JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
View attachment 424967

So I just got back from swiss cheesing a coffee can with all the 9mm I had on me, (less than 200 rounds) probably a good thing I didn't take more or Ida wasted that too. This Gun is an absolute joy to shoot. I tried Glockazines with and without the extension, and a magpul pmag, and all cycled flawlessly. I haven't tried any of my 33s yet(I have glocks, and KCI's), but I'll update when I do.

This pistol was just released to the public a few days ago, and I had to wait till round two of shipments for my LGS to get to my place on the preorder list. They got 4 in last night... I was 5 on the list, but one of the employees(3 on the list)deferred his to me... Proving it pays to buy your LGS employees Christmas presents:s0155:.
After I got it home it was too late to go shooting, so I spent a couple hours on boobtoob watching what other folks had to say about it, and the the one thing all the negative reviews had in common... none had shot it. Ill admit it might not be for everyone, but for me it's perfect. My first glock was a 17. I picked the 17 over the 19 because the grip fit my hand better, but I liked the 19's shorter slide. IMO this configuration is a perfect balance, and I felt it when shooting. I feel like it has less muzzle flip, and lighter recoil than my Gen3 17... I'm guessing the dual captured recoil spring has a bit to do with it.

(top 19x... bottom Gen3 17)
View attachment 424968
Another big plus is the lack of finger groves. I had always planned on having my 17 undercut at the trigger guard, but this is even better. I put the large grip extension on it and it fits my big meet hooks like a glove. I can't rave enough about how good it feels in hand... the balance, texture, grip angle, and controllability are perfect for me. Thats not to say it will be for everyone, and not everyone will like the "coyote brown" coloration. I personally love it.
View attachment 424969
It costs $50 more than a Gen5 19, but for that extra $50 you get $100 worth of tridium night sights, and two of three the matching fde mags have 2 round extensions so it's well worth it.
I couldn't be happier, but like most things... your mileage may vary.

I took a few comparison pics next to my gen3 17 if you're interested in seeing the differences.
Some other key differences are... the barrel is crowned, has improved rifling, and the new coating they use is noticeably slicker to the touch. The slide is rounded at the muzzle, giving it a less "brick" like appearance, and it has an ambi slide release.. The only thing I could do without is the lanyard loop, and I plan to replace it with a plain plug in the near future.View attachment 424972View attachment 424971View attachment 424970

Please feel free to share your impressions, and experiences with the Glock 19x

Brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Mygrainman
:s0094:

stay tuned for my take on Ruger PC carbine coming soon...
Just went and looked at one today I like the way it feels I have a g22 gen 4 but I want a 9mm the gun shop up here is asking $629 I have seen them up to $700 on the fence for now waiting to see some more reviews also been looking at a Smith and Wesson shield but the Glock has high cap little bigger but I like my Glock mmmmmm

Last Edited:
I'm not a fan of Glocks, but the new, less brick like look makes me want to ask a friend if he's got one yet. I may have to ask to shoot it. I'll let him shoot my Legion, mag for mag. That should be fair, right?

I'm not a fan of Glocks, but the new, less brick like look makes me want to ask a friend if he's got one yet. I may have to ask to shoot it. I'll let him shoot my Legion, mag for mag. That should be fair, right?
Be forewarned.... If you shoot it, you will buy it.

Yep I like the end of the slide and frame I almost paid some money to have my g22 done that way but decided not to .but I like it I WILL SAY IT AGIAN WHEN THE GUY AT STORE HANDED IT TO ME I liked it but I might have to go back and see if I get the same reaction next week lol if so my credit card is going to take a hit

Just went and looked at one today I like the way it feels I have a g22 gen 4 but I want a 9mm the gun shop up here is asking $629 I have seen them up to $700 on the fence for now waiting to see some more reviews also been looking at a Smith and Wesson shield but the Glock has high cap little bigger but I like my Glock mmmmmm
If you like your G22 you will love this. It's the same grip size, sans those pesky finger groves.

If I shoot it, it doesn't mean I can afford it. :( My last 9mm purchase was my Legion P226. I may or may not still be paying for it. Gotta love the plastic. :D

On a side note, hubby still wanted a Tavor X95 (.223) until today when he saw the Tavor 7 (7.62 x 51).

Be forewarned.... If you shoot it, you will buy it.
Lol that's how I got my first Glock renting one at the range when I return it the girl ask me did you like it I SAID THANKS YOU JUST COST ME 500 BUCKS went around the corner to the gun shop that is in the same building as the range and bought one HEHEE

been looking at a Smith and Wesson shield but the Glock has high cap little bigger but I like my Glock mmmmmm

A lot of people that belly carry enjoy the Shield. My brother for one. I handled and shot his and it's not for me. I'm way too used to the grip size of high cap handguns having a Para P14, a Glock 19, a Glock 34, and a Ruger SR9c. The Ruger features a more narrow profile, even tho it carries 10 or 17 rds, depending on which mag, for better carry. After shooting it, I wound up putting a Hogue wrap on it and it felt so much better. Point being, shoot the Shield before buying.

If you like your G22 you will love this. It's the same grip size, sans those pesky finger groves.
I sanded off my bottom finger Grove's on my g22 I like the top one and cut a mag strip spot so I can pull the mag in a jam MVIMG_20180103_102544.jpg MVIMG_20180102_163752.jpg MVIMG_20180103_102527.jpg

A lot of people that belly carry enjoy the Shield. My brother for one. I handled and shot his and it's not for me. I'm way too used to the grip size of high cap handguns having a Para P14, a Glock 19, a Glock 34, and a Ruger SR9c. The Ruger features a more narrow profile, even tho it carries 10 or 17 rds, depending on which mag, for better carry. After shooting it, I wound up putting a Hogue wrap on it and it felt so much better. Point being, shoot the Shield before buying.
Yes I have a friend at work that carry a shield and his wife carry one also they like them

Yep I got a few of them accully sent the barrel away to get red also but kinda tuned out more if a pink color lol so I just bought another lone Wolf barrel in black MVIMG_20180130_171758.jpg MVIMG_20180102_162407.jpg IMAG0763.jpg IMAG0755.jpg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top