JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
IMG_4304.JPG

So I just got back from swiss cheesing a coffee can with all the 9mm I had on me, (less than 200 rounds) probably a good thing I didn't take more or Ida wasted that too. This Gun is an absolute joy to shoot. I tried Glockazines with and without the extension, and a magpul pmag, and all cycled flawlessly. I haven't tried any of my 33s yet(I have glocks, and KCI's), but I'll update when I do.

This pistol was just released to the public a few days ago, and I had to wait till round two of shipments for my LGS to get to my place on the preorder list. They got 4 in last night... I was 5 on the list, but one of the employees(3 on the list)deferred his to me... Proving it pays to buy your LGS employees Christmas presents:s0155:.
After I got it home it was too late to go shooting, so I spent a couple hours on boobtoob watching what other folks had to say about it, and the the one thing all the negative reviews had in common... none had shot it. Ill admit it might not be for everyone, but for me it's perfect. My first glock was a 17. I picked the 17 over the 19 because the grip fit my hand better, but I liked the 19's shorter slide. IMO this configuration is a perfect balance, and I felt it when shooting. I feel like it has less muzzle flip, and lighter recoil than my Gen3 17... I'm guessing the dual captured recoil spring has a bit to do with it.

(top 19x... bottom Gen3 17)
IMG_4313.JPG
Another big plus is the lack of finger groves. I had always planned on having my 17 undercut at the trigger guard, but this is even better. I put the large grip extension on it and it fits my big meet hooks like a glove. I can't rave enough about how good it feels in hand... the balance, texture, grip angle, and controllability are perfect for me. Thats not to say it will be for everyone, and not everyone will like the "coyote brown" coloration. I personally love it.
IMG_4314.JPG
It costs $50 more than a Gen5 19, but for that extra $50 you get $100 worth of tridium night sights, and two of three the matching fde mags have 2 round extensions so it's well worth it.
I couldn't be happier, but like most things... your mileage may vary.

I took a few comparison pics next to my gen3 17 if you're interested in seeing the differences.
Some other key differences are... the barrel is crowned, has improved rifling, and the new coating they use is noticeably slicker to the touch. The slide is rounded at the muzzle, giving it a less "brick" like appearance, and it has an ambi slide release.. The only thing I could do without is the lanyard loop, and I plan to replace it with a plain plug in the near future. IMG_4322.JPG IMG_4318.JPG IMG_4315.JPG

Please feel free to share your impressions, and experiences with the Glock 19x

Brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Mygrainman
:s0094:

stay tuned for my take on Ruger PC carbine coming soon...

Last Edited:
Excellent review. Like you, I love the G17 grip size and really like my Gen5. I also like the shorter slide on the 19, so it looks like I may have to do something stupid really soon. :rolleyes::D

I love the color and the slight rounding of the slide at the muzzle is an improvement in looks for sure. I can't wait for your take on the PC Carbine, looks like you'll have plenty of glockazines to run through it.

Excellent review. Like you, I love the G17 grip size and really like my Gen5. I also like the shorter slide on the 19, so it looks like I may have to do something stupid really soon. :rolleyes::D
It's worth noting that your gen 5 glockazines won't fit in the magwell unless you replace the base plates. Gen 4 and older along with all aftermarket mags work fine.

It's worth noting that your gen 5 glockazines won't fit in the magwell unless you replace the base plates. Gen 4 and older along with all aftermarket mags work fine.

Strange. I have 12 G17 mags, various gens and even a few PMags and they all run in my Gen5. Why won't they work?

I love the color and the slight rounding of the slide at the muzzle is an improvement in looks for sure. I can't wait for your take on the PC Carbine, looks like you'll have plenty of glockazines to run through it.
Yes, and I have 6 33rd KCI's in route that I found online for $10 ea. Wish I had an ammo sponsor:rolleyes:

Strange. I have 12 G17 mags, various gens and even a few PMags and they all run in my Gen5. Why won't they work?
the base plate of the gen 5s are extended to fill the cutout in the grip, and the 19x has no such cutout, and there is a slight extension that matches the length of the lanyard loop that was added as part of the military requirements. I foresee many 19x owners having that extra bit removed along with the lanyard loop.
IMG_4323.JPG

Congrats on your 19x. Doesn't it feel great in the hand? I like the Glock night sights much better than the standard drop in the bucket plastic sights Glocks usually come with. The coyote magazines are pretty cool too. I want one. :s0090:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews