Glasses with a low profile earpiece?

Reactions
looking for a very low profile pair of shooting glasses for my wife.
These need to work underneath full over the ear muffs without digging into the side of her head.
I have a set of Elvex RX500’s which are great, but you can’t get the in a non magnifying version.
Any ideas would be great!
Thanks

looking for a very low profile pair of shooting glasses for my wife.
These need to work underneath full over the ear muffs without digging into the side of her head.
I have a set of Elvex RX500’s which are great, but you can’t get the in a non magnifying version.
Any ideas would be great!
Thanks
https://www.amazon.com/Radians-Shoo...ting+glasses&qid=1557109669&s=gateway&sr=8-10

https://www.amazon.com/Beretta-Dedi...ting+glasses&qid=1557109784&s=gateway&sr=8-40

https://www.amazon.com/Radians-Woma...ting+glasses&qid=1557109925&s=gateway&sr=8-83

https://www.amazon.com/Radians-RADW...ing+glasses&qid=1557110215&s=gateway&sr=8-116

MechaNik

Reactions
I just use the clear plastic safety glasses they provide us at work. I've never had an issue with them not working with my muffs. They're about the cheapest ones our parts dept can find, don't know the brand

Reactions
Get muffs with gel ear seals or upgrade to gel ear seals for your particular model ear pro if available. Thats what makes the difference, not the eye pro. It allows it to form around the eye pro and doesn't push it into your skull. Plus they are super comfortable.

This is the main reason why a lot of shooters wear MSA sordin supreme pro x which come stock with gel ear seals. Expensive but worth the money if you shoot for extended periods of time.

Reactions
I have a set of electronic muffs, but I do not use them as I found them too uncomfortable, especially when I shoot long guns.
2c2d414496b6fa19c4308507e805e617.png
I always use yellow ear plugs.
Those work the best with my glasses, lol!
bcca2b7a684575dff8fd36476cd9470f.png

Last edited:
Reactions
yes ear plugs are a solution lol, but sometimes you may need to double up, or maybe you are taking a training course or are in a match and need to be able to hear the instructor or range commands, that's where the electronic ear pro comes in. BTW you can get gel inserts for those howard leight impact sports at noisefighters.com or on their Amazon ...their sightlines gel ear pads

Wiley X makes some of the best Shooting and safety glasses out there! Both the wife and I are YUGE fans of their eye wear!
Try these, they have a flat ear piece which seems to work with muffs well and not pinching your head!
3IAxZYKB4eXBTiwhJAUC3zRafTERfSrdtGWfnxZsFzfbqupTrVPvQZnP4V6WScHjMHmXkSFBZft7iqwThjCiJTwg8vXT8IX4.jpg
Or a pair of these!
wileyX_spear_SP293T_1.jpg

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom