JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy,

Is there anyone in the Federal Way area, up or down the I-5 Corridor, that would let me come by and use their glass bead cabinet for a little bit?
I have a SS 1911 frame and slide that I need to refinish. I had to sell my cabinet and compressor last year when I got cancer... and now that I'm better and rebuilding a gun, I got no darn cabinet! :s0058:

Be happy to pay for the glass (I'll need fresh glass if you've been using it for ferrous metals), electricity, your time while you're standing around watching me... maybe even bring a delicious Mac Ds lunch for two. :s0114:

PM me if you're in a sharing mood. Thanks!

Cheers,
C

No takers huh? OK... Mac Donalds lunch and a 6 pack of your choice. I don't drink, so it's all you. :rolleyes:

Seriously, unless I just got lucky, I didn't think their would be any takers. Most folks, unless they are mechanics, machinists or heavy into gunsmithing, don't own a bead blast cabinet.

Cheers,
C

This may be a long shot but try contacting some local high schools and community colleges. If they have an auto shop or offer any kind of vocational training they may have a bead blast machine you could use for a "donation" to their program (money, time, advice, guest speaker spot, etc.).

It's worth a try.

Thanks for thinking of me PhoneMan... I considered that, but unless it's a trade school with a gunsmithing program where firearms on campus are allowed, that's probably not going to fly.
Chances are, I'd be breaking the law to walk a 1911 frame onto any school property... slide maybe, but not a frame.

I've got a nice Scotchbrite/polished billboards and controls finish going on right now... so the gun looks pretty good, but a nice glass matte where the Scotchbrite finish is would look better.

Quick story. A few decades ago, I taught motorcycle mechanics at a school in Phoenix. On weekends, myself and another instructor would use the machine shop facilities to modify and make gun parts... but that campus was a privately owned facility, and the no one gave a crap what we did. In fact, I used to make floating hand guards for some local cops AR-15s... out of aluminum shock absorber bodies. ;)

Cheers,
C

Boy. I completely forgot about the "zero tolerance" PC crap we deal with these days (I guess that shows my age).

Back when I was in school (or, as my daughter describes it, when cavemen roamed the earth) our shop teachers begged for any real-world people to come in and provide insight to their students. They gladly made equipment and resources available for free to entice folks to come in and provide fresh perspectives.

How did we get this far from where we started in this country?

Good luck with your quest.

Brian

How did we get this far from where we started in this country?

Good luck with your quest.

Brian
Mmmm... an unwillingness to take personal responsibility... "participation awards" for just being a mouth breather... espousing freedom while being perfectly willing to take that freedom from others because they aren't just like you.

How am I doing so far? :s0161:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads